𝐿𝑒𝑣 𝐷𝑎𝑦

You're busy working in your quiet room the next day when Kenma finally pops back in your head for pretty much no good reason at all. Getting stressed from the constant bother of his words in your mind, you begin to wish you could eat away the feeling.

For whatever reason, you soon find yourself texting the man who has been occupying your brain. After assuring yourself that you would only see him as friends since the two of you have to be at practice together anyway, you message him to see if he wants to get lunch with you.

You wait for a good ten minutes with still no response. Getting tired of waiting, you text Lev. Immediately, he agrees to meet up but asks if the pair of you can go to the library after to which you agree without asking questions.

This could be a good time to talk to Lev about Yaku...

"Oh by the way there's actually going to be a short practice tomorrow afternoon

"Oh by the way there's actually going to be a short practice tomorrow afternoon. If you want to go I can let coach know," Lev happily tells you while the two of you sit in the school cafe eating lunch.

"Yeah, definitely. I could use the extra practice," you chuckle.

Lev nods and sends a quick text to Nekomata-sensei letting him know that you'll be there on Sunday afternoon.

"So Lev," you begin to change conversations after he puts down his phone, "we've gotta talk about Yaku."

"I dunno what to say, Y/N," he shrugs as he looks down at his food, "Yaku was all sad that you didn't invite him on that weird group date and then got oddly quiet afterward."

"Really?" you question, "I mean I guess I did tell him that I was going to help. But honestly, I was really hesitant to do so because I didn't know how you felt and I didn't think it would be right to include them."

Lev thanks you for your honesty and your decision that gave him a bit of help with his situation. He then begins to open up to you, letting you know that he's had feelings towards Yaku for a while, but never said anything because he was worried he would ruin his friendship with one of his best friends.

Lev eventually shifts the conversation back to you and Kenma. You shrug and tell him that you've decided to move on because you "don't really care anymore". Although you can tell Lev knows better than to believe you, he lets you be.

The two of you finish your lunch in silence. Once you're both done eating, the two of you get up and head to the library without an added word. Only when you get to the library do you finally speak up.

"So how come you wanted to go here?"

"Oh I just needed to study and I thought it would be nice to have company. You don't really have to stay if you don't want to," he shrugs.

Oh my god, he's literally the sweetest person ever.

"Of course I'll stay!" you beam, "I was studying in my room anyway and this definitely beats being alone."

Lev agrees and the two of you make your way upstairs towards where the private study rooms are located. Along the way you spot a familiar red backpack that you knew to be Kenma's across the room in between the rows of bookshelves.

When you spot him, you suddenly stop. You notice that Kenma's wearing a cute pair of black glasses and is focusing on something intensely before him that you can't manage to see.

"You alright?" Lev asks as he notices you've stopped walking.

"Oh yeah it's just that I saw Kenma over there..." you begin to trail off as you stare at the blonde who has caught your attention for the millionth time.

From your peripheral, you notice Lev lean over to observe Kenma as well.

"Why don't you go over and say hi?" he suggests, "I'll wait, I don't mind."

You look over at Lev to make sure he's alright with that. You assure him that you'll be quick and come right back. However, he tires quickly of your excuses and lightly pushes you down the clear path towards his teammate.

You shift your gaze back to Kenma as you begin getting closer. You can now see a chessboard and Shiro sitting opposite of him. The two quietly continue their game, not realizing that you are just a little ways from them.

As Shiro comes into view, you can't help but feel a bit taken back and confused. You're glad that they both found each other, but is this why Kenma didn't respond to you before? Maybe it's why he said he didn't want a relationship.

Could he have been talking to Shiro this whole time?

From behind you, Lev notices your body posture become increasingly stiff. He decides it would be best to step in so he walks up to you to save you from whatever meltdown you were internally having.

"Hey," he whispers as he puts a hand on your shoulder, "we should get going before the study rooms fill up."

Knowing that Lev was doing everything in his power to save you from your thoughts, you quietly nod and follow behind him as he leads you to one of the private rooms.

Once you approach a room, Lev holds the door open for you. You thank him with a quick smile before stepping in. He then silently takes a seat beside you. You can feel his eyes bear into your skull as he thinks of what to say to cheer you up.

"Look," you snap as you meet his gaze, "I'm fine, let's just focus on our work, okay? What class are you studying for anyway?"

Lev's body eases as you steer the conversation to something a bit more pleasant.

"Oh, uh, just my bio class," he replies as he gets out his notebook.

"Wow, you've got it rough," you laugh, "I've got psych."

You hold up your textbook to show him what you've got to study for.

"Ah the study of humans yet you have no idea how to deal with your own emotions," Lev teases.

"Too soon."