chapter 33 ~ bottoming out

"Hey, Mandy's still asleep?" Mickey asked as I grabbed the syrup out of the fridge.

"Yeah, in Lip's room"

Her new boyfriend Kenyatta had taken up a new hobby of beating her ass whenever he felt like it. And since that didn't fly with me, I of course said she could stay in Lip's room since he was back in college.

"Are you making pancakes? What fucking time did you get up?" He muttered as I handed him a plate.

"Around five. Ian was right, going for a run that early is amazing" I wasn't the athletic type but I had way to much energy after coming home from work last night.

Before he could say another word, Debbie and my twin both came running down the stairs, worried looks on their faces.

"Fiona never came home" My sister sighed. "She violated her probation"

"She not in her room?" I questioned nervously.

"I checked last night, and again this morning. I called Sheila and she's not at the hospital with Kev and V-"

"The Hospital?"

"V's having her babies"

"Oh my god, really?"

"Cassie focus!"

"Right sorry"

Okay you know what we shouldn't panic. Maybe she just got held up by something, I doubt she was pulling a Frank on. I mean-

"Well we can't call the police that'll make shit worse. But Ian can call the local hospitals and Deb's im sure she'll turn up."  I sighed. "Now go, don't be late for school"

I handed her her bag and lunch before practically having to shove her out of the house. 

"Oh and Deb's" I snapped, making her turn around. "Hand me the shiv"

She rolled her eyes before pulling the object out of her boot. Thirteen years old and she was bringing a weapon to class. Fucking hormones....

"I mean Fi can't be hurt, can she?" Ian sighed as I handed the object to Mickey. I don't care what he did with it, as long as he got rid of it.

"Do you want my real answer?" I scoffed. "Start calling around"

Ever since the accident with Liam, Fiona had been all wound up like she was going to explode. I mean it was only a matter of time before she fell off the edge again.....right?

"I'm late for work" Mandy called, running down the stairs. "Does this look okay?"

I looked over her face and I mean wow, the wonders a good amount of cover up could do.

"Living with Terry really brought out the artist in you" I laughed. I quickly gave her a hug before she ran out of the house, squirrel hat and all.

"Did anyone just see Carl drive off in a car with an underage girl" Lip muttered as he walked through the front door.