2.6

a/n: hey guys i promise i'm getting these out as quickly as possible it's now more content based so it's a lil harder than before! i've got a lot going on in school and stuff

please vote, comment, and react!

✰✰✰

THERE ARE BIRDS CHIRPING WHEN SPENCER'S EYES FLUTTER OPEN.

no, not really.

Spencer's eyes don't flutter open. They jerk open as she snapped into consciousness. There are no chirping birds - only snoring. Yep, snoring. Pietro freaking  Maximoff snores.

Spencer is half wake and thinking about how to make fun of him for the little skips in his breaths and noise, but then she realizes that his chest is against her back, and it's rising and falling in beat with the loud breathing.

Okay, maybe the snoring isn't that bad. The jokes can wait, she thought, letting her shoulders relax again.

"Are you awake?"

Spencer didn't expect it. She jolted the second the sound hit her, but she didn't move much because the arm around her stomach tightened around her, anchoring her in place.

"Go back to bed," Pietro mumbled in her ear. " 'M tired."

Spencer nodded. "I-okay," she whispered back, turning her head a little to get a better look at Pietro. His eyes were fluttering closed, but they opened when he noticed Spencer's attention.

"What?" he muttered, prying his eyes open just a little, but not lifting his head from the pillow.

"I'm sorry," she whispered back. "I didn't think you'd still be sleeping."

There's a second of silence. Spencer can hear the ticking of the clock.

"Couldn't sleep for days," Pietro muttered, his arm tugging Spencer back against him. In response, Spencer shifted around until her head somehow found its way to his chest. "Now I have a...koala."

Spencer's instinct was to kick him hard, but her leg was stopped by Pietro's laying over hers.

"Stop moving," he muttered, wrapping his arm around her back, and squeezing. "Trying to-"

There was a knock at the door. Spencer bolted up in bed, and Pietro let out a groan, shifting so he was on his back. Rubbing his head with his fist, he said, "tell them to go away-"

"Spencer? Are you in there?"

"That's your sister," Spencer told him as she scrambled out of bed. Pietro just grumbled and shoved his face in the pillow.