Chapter 32

The group of clones, Rex's, Cody's, and Bucky's, stood in front of the three Jedi, R2 and R3 next to them. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and (Y/n) were giving their instructions. The protection of Duchess Satine was their main goal. They were gathered in the storage area of the ship.

"You know your marching orders." Obi-Wan stated to the clones. "The safety of The Duchess Satine is of the utmost importance."

"The Death Watch will stop at nothing to assassinate her before she pleads her case to the Senate." (Y/n) stepped forward.

"The Death Watch may be backed by the Separatists, so stay sharp." Anakin said, and looked at his droid. "R2, R3, use your scanners to probe for any suspicious droid activity."

R2 beeped affirmatively, while R3 beeped a simple, fine.

"Anything else, sir?" Rex asked.

"No, that will be all." Obi-Wan stated, and the clones disbanded to their posts. A beeping of Obi-Wan's commlink brought the Jedi's attention. "Yes?"

"The Duchess and her retinue requests your presence." said the voice on the other end.

"Very well." Obi-Wan said, and the three Jedi, along with Rex, Cody, and Bucky, went into the elevator aboard the ship.

"I sense some anxiety from you about the Duchess." Anakin said to Obi-Wan. "She couldn't be in safer hands."

"Yes, I know." Obi-Wan said, absentmindedly.

"Then why..."

"Never mind." Obi-Wan interrupted his former padawan. "Its... all in the past."

"Oh, so you're close to her?" Anakin asked, hinting and connecting the dots. (Y/n) was struggling with this conversation.

"I knew her." Obi-Wan snapped. "A long time ago."

Anakin knew exactly what was happening with his former master, but when he looked at (Y/n), he saw the sorrow she attempted to hide in her eyes. With everything he had seen from her connection to Obi-Wan, he could only guess she was gaining feelings for the master.

~~~~~~~~~~

They got off the elevator and walked down the hallway to see Satine sitting up on a high seat/bed sort of structure, comfy looking pillows surrounding her, along with the other Senators, but they were resorted to standing as they listened to Satine rant.

"War is intolerable! We have been deceived into thinking that we must be a part of it! I say the moment we committed to fighting, we already lost."

The Kalevala, Tal Merrik, took a drink and asked, "Excuse me, Your Grace, are you suggesting we oppose the war on humanitarian grounds?"

"I'm going to oppose it as an affront to life itself." Satine claimed. "As the designated regent of fifteen hundred systems, I speak for thousands of worlds that have urged me to allow them to stay neutral in this war."

"And yet some might argue that the strongest defense is a swift and decisive offence." Obi-Wan interrupted, walking into the room.

Satine glared at him for a moment, and said, "You are quite the general now, aren't you, Master Kenobi?"

"Forgive me for interrupting, Your Highness. I meant no disrespect." Obi-Wan tried.

"Really?" Satine said, then turned to the others in the room. "Senators, I presume you are acquainted with the collection of half-truths and hyperbole known as Obi-Wan Kenobi?"

"Your highness is too kind." Obi replied sarcastically, and (Y/n) could feel the rage in the room growing. Not just Satine and Obi-Wan's, but her own.