𝟷.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢! 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢! -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓

【   ⇠▸|◂⇢   】

1.

┗━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┛

As the morning arose, sun rays beamed through my curtains, greeting my face with a gentle aura with warmth. I wish that was what I woke up to. Instead, my phone alarm started blaring a tune in my ears. "Fuck sake.." I hiss quietly, half asleep.

My {E/C} eyes flutter open and I stretch out my arms and legs, feeling the tension rise from them. "Silenceee," I turn off my phone alarm, setting it back down on my bedside drawer. Oh shit! I had completely forgot about that file I needed to read! "I need to get ready! God damn you, {Y/N}!" I scramble out of bed, practically tripping over my own feet.

I snatch my uniform from the bag as well as a clean pair of underwear and bra which I had unpacked in advance. Rushing to the bathroom, I turn on the shower and shove my hand in to feel the temperature of the water.

Once it was just right, I washed my body with some strawberry fragranced body wash and some regular shampoo and conditioner, scrubbing my {H/L} hair with my nails as quickly as possible. I even decided to brush my teeth in the shower since it would he quicker. I wanted to look clean and decent for my first day on the job.

After washing everything, I wrap a towel around my body and another around my hair while I apply some cream to my skin to stop it drying out. It was quite annoying how quickly your skin dried out, honestly.

After drying, I run my brush through my hair, tugging at the knots which decided to exist. I had at least an hour, there was no time to blow dry my hair. I sprayed some perfume and deodorant before I slipped on my light brown uniform, buttoning up the shirt until it reached the base of my neck. It was actually quite comfortable!

I couldn't say the same for the trousers. They were itchy and uncomfortable. Now, the most important thing. I needed breakfast. Oh and that file was important! Stepping out of the bathroom I headed to my bedroom, picking up my phone and the file before heading downstairs to the kitchen I needed to start arranging.

Luckily, I had unpacked all the food I brought with me. My eyes lit up to see some chicken nuggets in a tupperware box when I opened the fridge. Fuck being healthy, I needed them nuggets! Snatching the box, I sit on the couch which had been delivered and placed for me.

I'm tough, but not that tough that I can lift a couch. I open the tupperware box, eating at the chicken nuggets. My eyes land on the file. I have a feeling that what I'm going to see is not nice. Like an inate sense of impending doom. Hesitantly, I open it.

What I saw were sticky notes recording attacks by some unknown anomalies. I begin reading aloud. "Victims who escaped, state that a tall monster with a large pole protruding from its body was chasing them. On the poles were two loud sirens emitting horrific sounds. These people were not believed and sent to mental institutions." I frown quietly.

If there's a huge beast in our forest, that should've been advertised on the fucking sign. "Ranger to be sent to investigate area. Weapons, communications and cameras mandatory." I shuddered. I knew that would have to be me today.

Fucking brilliant. I close the file. That was all I honestly wanted to see. I'd have breakfast then head to work. As long as I was getting paid, this should be fine.

•╚════◄░░░░░░░░░░░░►════╝ •

I walk down the street with a backpack slung over my shoulder. It had everything I needed. My phone, food and a few revolvers. They might even give me a bigger gun, who knew? The file was between my hands.

I was nervously tapping it with my fingers, unsure of my first assignment. I sighed deeply as I approached the building, pushing open the doors. I was greeted by Imogen. "Good morning, dearie! You are assigned your first case. The head Sheriff, Nigel ould like to speak with you." She pointed over to a man who looked like he was in his fifties.

A belt of guns adorned his waist and his star glinted brightly on his uniform. He looked like a police hillbilly. His blue eyes landed on me and he strode over to myself and Imogen. "Good morning, ladies. {Y/N}, your first assignment requires weapons. Do you have them?" He asks, eyeing me expectantly.

I nod my head, slinging my bag onto my forearm and unzipping it so he can peer inside. "Hm. 460 magnum revolver. Not bad," he gives me a genuine smile, to which I return. "I suspect you know what to do. See if you can photograph anything and contact me immediately if you find something worth noting. Here." He hands me a walkie talkie. "Clip it onto your belt," he orders. I take the walkie talkie, clipping it onto my belt as instructed.

My superior bows his head respectively. "Good. I believe you are ready. Remember, only use your weapon for self defense purposes." He gestures to the back doors. "Good luck." Imogen gently pats my arm as I walk over to the back door, putting the file into my bag as I do so. The back door opens to a road with a sign pointing directly into the huge pine forest. My heart begins to race. What if I die out there? I suck in a deep breath, walking across the road and towards the forest.

. . . . . ╰──╮ˏˋ°•*‿➷╭──╯ . . . . .

The forest was a lot quieter then I anticipated. Nothing seemed to be off and I hadn't shot the shit out of anything yet. Just as I say this, my eyes land on a bloodied piece of cloth. Luckily they had provided me with some seal tight bags. I hastily approach the coppery smelling cloth, folding it up and putting in inside the bag. Just as I turned around, my head hit something hard, but warm. "Gah! Who the fuck put a tree here?" I holler, rubbing my temple.

I freeze. Trees aren't supposed to be warm. I look up and see a looming beast.

That..thing was going to kill me.