Part-4

Min's Residence

Y/n's POV

I was having my dinner with my family....

We all were quite silent, which was an unusual thing, my relationship with my parents is great...so today this silence was weird for me..

I was silent because right now I am in my moving on phase and I really don't want to talk much..but why are they silent??

"Mom I am done, I 'll be-"

Mom - Y/n, wait!"

She said cutting me in between

I sat down again

" Yes mom?"

She looked at my dad, who gave her a nod, then

she turned to me again and said

Mom -"Y/n, what are your plans about marriage?"

I was confused by her question.

"what do you mean, mom?"

Mom - " let's go to the living room..we want to talk to you."

She said and stood up , followed by me and dad

Mom - "Y/n, when do you want to get married?"

Now I was super confused

" Mom I just had a break up and you are asking me when I want to get married?"

I asked giving her a 'are you serious' look

Mom - " Exactly Y/n , dear this is your third relationship which failed and in all these relationships you were serious...it was not like you were playing around, were you?"

She paused to see my reaction.

"mom what are you trying to imply?"

Mom - "Dear, I know it's harsh to say that, but you are clearly making some wrong choices when it comes to boys.........so what if we choose someone for you? "

Now I somewhat guessed what they want

" Mom please be clear "

Dad - " Y/n , listen my child....we love you a lot, you are our only child and we can't see you crying and ruining yourself for some trashes."

Tears welled in my eyes and I looked down.

Dad - " Do you know Mr. Kim Heesung, the former CEO of the clothing brand STARLING?"

I gave him a slight nod

Dad - "He gave us the marriage proposal of his son for you."

I looked at them again

and I don't know why I got a little angry and

asked the question which is bothering me

" I never met him,

I don't love him,

how can I be happy with him,

how can I trust him that he will not let me suffer the same thing ?"

Dad - "Y/n, I have met him...he is a nice young man."

" Dad, you met him professionally, obviously he would show his best side to you, but do you know him personally?"

Dad - "Y/n,we know his pare-"

" His parents are not the one I am gonna marry.....dad I have been betrayed by people I trusted wholeheartedly and you are asking me to trust a stranger."