twelve

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞,"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

warnings: So you know you're going to eat the flaming hot Cheetos, you know they're going to be hot cause there's been a lot of buildup to this moment. The question is, do you have a glass of cold water beside you in case it's too hot? For some people it might be, i'm not one to judge.

word count: 1326 words

I COULD FEEL MY HEART sinking to the bottom of my stomach, she didn't feel the same.

Why on earth had I thought she would feel the same? After all, she was a Bridgerton.

A soft knock at the door gave me a sliver of hope, and I lifted my head.

Could it be?

My eyes met green instead of grey eyes and the sliver of hope drifted away.

"I am so very sorry my dear," Henry's tone, dripping with pity, was enough to turn the sorrow in my stomach to rage.

Later when I thought about it I realized that I had spent the last few days preparing to be rejected and now there was no more sadness for me to feel, only anger.

"What was that you said about a party?" I shoved the feeling of regret I would feel tomorrow to the bottom of my stomach.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"I'm sure there will be some young ladies quite interested in your friendship at my party," Henry assured me offering me his hand and helping me step into his carriage, "you just need to get your mind off her Lia,"

He sat down opposite to me, his eyes filled with so much understanding I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

But he was right. I knew he was right. The feeling of another young lady's lips on my own would most certainly make me feel better.