ch.38

them

"we're out. just like the other one." abraham said, referring to the other car that ran out of gas.

"so we walk." rick stated, ushering for us to get out of the car. we hadn't had any idea of where we were going, we just went.

the group wasn't doing well. from the recent deaths, no food, no water, and no sleep. we were all on the verge of passing out, the only thing that kept us going were carl and judith.

i walked along side glenn in the front, we had been walking for days and still nothing.

walkers had even started following on our trail that we let be,  we didn't have enough energy or ammo to spare.

we waited until we got to a bridge, so we could lead them off, throw the stubborn ones over ourselves.

sasha strayed, stabbing her knife forcefully into a walkers head causing michonne to whisper yell at her, "sasha." she gritted through her teeth, only to be ignored.

"plan just got dicked." abraham huffed out from beside me as we both pulled weapons from our holsters.

i walked closer to the herd, getting close with one. my hand swung to the side, piercing through its ear, causing me to cringe, feeling the blood splatter on my face.

after they were all gone, we continued on walking until we found a few cars stopped on the road.

"i'm gonna head out in the woods, circle back." daryl informed, earning a nod from me before i moved to a car.

i opened the door, sitting myself in the seat, while my eyes wondered around the car. stopping when a silver chain sparkled from the light in the back.

i leaned over the hand rest, reaching for the necklace. a smile spread across my face, seeing a silver circle with a "g" engraved on it.

    "isn't that a coincidence" i whispered to myself, looking down at it. i pulled down the mirror, placing it around my neck.

my eyes soon drifted away from the necklace and to glenn, who was standing in front of the car.

he waved me over, in which i got out of the car and walked to where he was.

  "come on, let's join the others" he mumbled, earning a nod in response. we walked to where the others we sitting.

    i took a seat next to tara, glenn soon joined my side, taking a seat.

"so all we found was booze?" i questioned, looking to where abraham was.

    "yeah" rosita replied, with her head in her hands.

"it's not gonna help" tara uttered in disappointment, looking to the ground.

i looked to glenn who was staring at me, sending him a confused look.

he pointed to the silver necklace around my neck, causing me to remember i found it. i slowly turned to him, showing him the g engraved into the circle.

he sent me a smile, but before i could say anything rustling and growling came from the woods behinds us, causing us all to look in that  direction.

dogs appeared from the woods, sending us all in silent panick when they started barking. i slowly pulled my knife from the holster, ready for them to attack.

i glanced to rick and daryl who gave me a head nod as we slowly started to get up. the dogs whimpering caught my attention, watching as they fell limp to the ground.