chapter sixteen

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER SIXTEEN

" A SENSE OF FAMILIARITY. "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ROSIE SHUFFLED THROUGH the group of boys huddled around the box that was coming up. She stood next to Gally who was the one going to greet the new person. Everyone anticipating to know who was the new Greenie. The brunette hoping once in awhile that it'd be another girl so she wouldn't be the only female in the Glade. The familiar click got the boys more anticipated watching the automatic doors opening. Rosie noticed Gally take a step forward as Adam and Frankie opened the second metal doors.

      The boy with sweat drowning his face and body looking up at the source of light brought Rosie a sense of familiarity once she got a good look at his face. She didn't know why, but he looked familiar as if she knew who he was before her mind was erased. Memories her mind couldn't quite match.

A few of the boys erupted in light laughter noticing the terrified boy. "Go get 'em." Vince grinned patting Gally's shoulder as the keeper of the Builders jumped down inside the box.

He crouched down grabbing a hold of the boy's shirt, "day one greenie. Rise and shine." Before the scared boy could react he was forcefully pulled up by Gally throwing him outside of the box.

Rosie shot Gally, still in the box, a glare before turning to the new boy who was surrounded by all of the boys. Gally lifted himself up throwing his arm around the girl's neck, which she quickly took off annoyed about his friend's behavior. His eyebrows furrowed taking in detail the clothes the new boy wore quickly showing Rosie, "weird clothes don't ya' think?" Gally whispered in her ear.

"Why?" She whispered Rosie turning to look at what the Greenie wore and noticed the type of material the blue shirt and dirty pants that none of the other boys had ever come in with.

"He looks like a Slopper to me."

"Na, na, na."

Frypan smiled down at the boy, "I could use some help in the kitchen."

The scared boy had trouble getting on his two feet pushing through the group of boys, making a sprint away from them. "We got a runner!" Zart yelled more laughter erupting from the boys, Rosie let out a chuckle watching the boy run as fast as he could.

Everyone cheered at him and laughed even more once the poor boy stumbled on his two feet and fell down to the ground. "Take him to the slammer!" Gally announced causing Rosie to glare at him once again. "What?" He whispered-yelled trying to act like a leader but failed when Rosie would stop him from making commands. She glanced to see Hank and Robbie grabbing a hold of the protesting boy who tried to get away from their grip.