Chapter Five-Family Dinner & Secrets.

~Echo's point of view~

I laid awake all night. When I saw the sun come up, I got up and showered. I started a pot of coffee because I damn sure needed it. I sat at the table and ran the night before over and over in my head. We definitely need this marriage annulled. I need to move on with my life. I have some serious things to think about. I don't even know I should continue to stay in my home.

I go between being angry with Blaze Kane and Kelsea. Kelsea is the reason I am married to Blaze Kane. Blaze Kane is the reason I am pissed off at him. The shit he said was hurtful. I don't want him any more than he wants me. All I want from him is his signature on annulment papers. I get up to get more coffee when I hear his bedroom door open. I make my coffee and sit at the table.

Blaze Kane: "Morning."

I don't say shit. I have nothing to say to him. He goes to the coffee pot and makes coffee. Then he reaches into the cabinet over it and grabs Tylenol. I bet he does have a fucking headache. He grabs water from the refrigerator, throws the pills in his mouth, and drinks the water all in one drink. He grabs his coffee cup and sits across from me.

Blaze Kane: "You look like shit."

Echo: "You've told me that twice this week. I already know how you feel about me. You don't have to keep reminding me."

Blaze Kane: "What the fuck is your problem?"

Echo: "You are my problem. You sure talk a lot of shit when you're drunk. You talk a lot of shit anyway. I can't fucking do this. I need you to sign the annulment papers. I need out of this. I need away from this whole situation."

I stand up and go to the spare room. I make the bed and grab my things; I make my way to the door.

Blaze Kane: "You're just pissed off that I only wanted you when I was drunk."

I don't even respond. I just open the door and walk to our place. It's still early, so I hope no one is awake. All I want to do is lay down in my bed and sleep for a few hours. I use my key to open the door. As soon I do, a half-naked Rick greets me.

Echo: "Oh my."

I put my head down and turn towards the steps. He stops me before I get to them.

Rick: "What happened?"

I keep my eyes averted.

Echo: "He is just a dick, and I need out. I have been awake all night. I just want to sleep a few hours. I may need to take you up on the offer of a room at your house."

Rick: "It's a free-standing offer."

Echo: "Thanks."

I head upstairs without running into anyone else. I quickly put all my stuff away and lay down. My phone vibrates. It's Chad; I ignore it and turn my phone completely off. 

~Blaze Kane's point of view~

After Echo left, I drank another cup of coffee then took a shower. As I showered, the events of last night flooded back. Every cruel word I said to her came back. Even the shit I said to her this morning was uncalled for. I tried to be a better person around her. I just can't do it. She brings the absolute worst out of me. I don't know why but she does.

~Text conversation~

Blaze Kane: "I'll meet you tomorrow on my lunch break at the government office. We can sign the papers."