· COPD ·

Please leave a vote, comment and follow me if you enjoy! xx

***

Sophie's POV

***

It's been a few days since Wilbur arrived. Little by little, we've eased back into our usual way of banter when we actually used to live together. This always happens when he comes back home and stays an elongated period of time.

"Wilbur, I need to pee!" I shout, banging my fist against the bathroom door.

Yipeee, we have to share a bathroom again.

"Hang on a bloody minute, woman!" Wilbur shouts back.

I hear the water go off and the sound of a towel being taken off the homemade rack we got at a junk sale years ago. The door opens and Wilbur walks out with damp hair and a towel wrapped around his waist.

"You are SO impatient"

"You are SO slow"

"Like you can talk!"

"Yeah, I can, actually!"

"Mum said you took a half-hour shower yesterday!"

I roll my eyes and fix him with a glare. He breaks a smile and shakes his head, walking to his room down the hall. Okay, maybe I did take a half-hour shower, but for good reason. I couldn't name it if you asked, but just know it was important.

I walk into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I lock the door and relieve myself quickly. I then brush my teeth, brush my hair and apply acne cream.

***

When I'm done getting ready for the evening, I walk downstairs and join mum and Wilbur on the sofa. They've made popcorn and are taking history quizzes on the TV. I roll my eyes. Why are they like this?

I grab a handful of popcorn and stuff it into my mouth, spraying crumbs everywhere as I cough with immeasurable force.

Mum pats my back as Wilbur shakes his head, "You disgraceful pig"

I laugh and playfully push him off the sofa. I like the sibling banter we've gotten back.

When we were younger, Wilbur always wanted to play and cause mischief with me. As we got older, he started getting more parenty which was weird. When he comes down to Suffolk to stay now, he'll be adult-like the first couple of days and then allow himself to find his inner kid the more days he spends with mum and I.

***

"Goodnight my loves," Mum yawns, kissing both Wilbur and I before going up to bed.

Once mum has gone upstairs, Wilbur turns the TV off and clicks the table lamp on. A soft glow spills over the sofa and Wilbur smiles at me, fixing his glasses.

"Everything okay with you?" Will asks, brushing some hair out of his face.

I nod. "Everything's going good. How have you been?"

"I've been great," Will chuckles, shaking his head. "Just finishing the house and playing Minecraft"

"Making money?" I say, raising an eyebrow. "Must be nice"

Wilbur chuckles and nods. "Yes, it's pretty sick"

Silence wraps us in a comfortable blanket until Wilbur starts speaking again.

"So, how's school? Everything good there?"

"Yeah," I say, smiling softly. "Almost straight A's. Can't seem to crack maths though"