TWENTY SIX

"You wanted to see me?" Violet asks, walking in to Alaric's apartment

"Oh great you made it. Come in, i'm just waiting for Bonnie too." He explains

Violet nods, walking over to look at the photos on the desk. She picks up one, surprise filling her features when she sees the runic. "What are these?"

Alaric is about to answer when someone knocks and opens the door. It's Bonnie.

Violet smiles at her, noticing the sad look on Bonnie's face and making a note to ask about it later.

Bonnie holding up a necklace, "I brought you the necklace that wouldn't die."

"Oh my god." Violet's mouth drops open in shock as she walks over to take a closer look at the necklace, "That's Rebekah's necklace. Where did you find it?" She asks

"Stefan had it, he gave it to Elena." Bonnie replies

Violet nods and looks to Alaric, who has an unreadable expression on his face. "So you recognise it?" He asks

"Yes." Violet nods

"That's good, I've been trying to figure out why this image looked so familiar." Alaric explains, holding up a picture, then holds up the necklace next to the photo, whose charm is the same shape as the drawing, "I was right."

"It's the same design."

"So, your grandmother said this necklace belonged to the witch that put the hybrid curse on Klaus, right? Well, this symbol is repeated all across the wall. I've been trying to figure out what it meant. And now I know..."

He writes something on a post-it, sticks it to the photo and shows it to Bonnie and Violet.

Witch.

*

ELENA GILBERT
Is Rebekah still at your house?

VIOLET PEARSON
No, I kicked her out because she kept getting blood on my carpet
She went to the Salvatore house

ELENA GILBERT
Ok
Meet me there in 20minutes. I have something important to tell the both of you.

Violet knocks on Elsie's door, "Elsie, I'm going out for about an hour, be back soon. Don't leave the house." She calls out. All Violet gets in response is a half-grunt thing and an 'okay bye'.

"Elsie I'm sorry. Rebekah was getting blood everywhere. Plus I don't want you seeing a whole heap of dead bodies."

"It's still not fair! I want Rebekah to stay here."

"I don't have time for this," Violet mutters, putting up a protection spell on Elsie's room and leaving. She knows Mikael is on his way to Mystic Falls, and she wants to take every precaution she can.

*

Violet gets to the Salvatore House before Elena does, quickly finding Rebekah who is pouring herself a glass of scotch. Violet takes it from her, downing it in one go. "I know I kicked you out, but you need to come to my house after whatever Elena has to say to us. Elsie is fuming that I made you leave."

Rebekah laughs, "She's a sweet girl."

Elena enters with photos of the cave drawings, "How do you know that Mikael killed your mother?"

Violet turns to Elena, raising an eyebrow in confusion. What was Elena about to do?

"Nik was there. He told me." Rebekah replies

"He lied to you." Elena tells Rebekah, shaking her head as she walks closer to the original. Violet stands up, ready to stop an attack from Rebekah.

"And how do you know that?" Rebekah asks

"The cave where you carved your family's names is covered in symbols." She shows Rebekah the photos, "The story of your family: how your parents arrived, how they made peace, the spell that turned them into vampires, and this. This is the symbol for hybrid. It's a combination of the werewolf and the vampire symbol. And this is the one for your mother."

"Her necklace."

"And this is the story of her death. The hybrid killed the Original Witch. Not Mikael. Klaus." Elena explains

Tears spring in Rebekah's eyes as she shakes her head in disbelief, "No! No, he wouldn't."

Violet can hear the guilt and slight fear in Elena's voice, and she pushes away the feeling of wanting to snap Elena's neck for being so insensitive.

"She put the curse on him, made it so that he would be the only one of his kind, and then she rejected him. With the werewolf gene comes aggression and violence...when he turned, all of that was heightened. He killed her, Rebekah. And then he made up this entire lie about your father, so that he wouldn't lose you." Elena explains

"These mean nothing! They're just stupid drawings, done by stupid people who had no idea who my family was!" Rebekah takes the photos, tears them to pieces, and throws them into the burning fireplace.

"Then why are you so upset?" Elena questions

"Why are you doing this to me? I've done nothing to you!" Rebekah yells

"Klaus killed your mother. He has a hold on you, on me, on everyone. He has for a thousand years. We have to make it stop!"

Violet vamp-speeds over to stand next to Rebekah, ready to help her in whatever way. Elena probably thought that bringing Violet would help herself, but Violet is prepared to show Elena just how wrong she was.

Rebekah grabs Elena by the throat and vamps out, "Shut up! Shut up! Don't talk anymore! Nothing" She then stops, calms down slightly, and lets go of Elena. She begins to gasp, falls onto her knees and starts to sob, while Elena looks at her sadly and guiltily.

"Violet?" Elena looks to Violet for help, rubbing her hand over where she was just choked.

"Go fuck yourself Elena." Violet snarls, gently sitting down beside Rebekah and pulling her into a hug, "Shh, it's okay, it's okay, you're okay, it's okay, shh." She soothes, "You're going to be okay."

Rebekah doesn't reply, just clings to Violet and sobs harder.

*

After spending a solid hour calming Rebekah down, she gets a text from Stefan telling her he just saw Mikael.

"Elsie?" Violet questions, knocking on the young girls door, "Can I come in?"

"Fine." Elsie grumbles

Violet smiles, opening the door and taking a seat on Elsie's bed. Her smile falters slightly when she sees Elsie reading a book about dealing with trauma, making a note to find a psychologist for Elsie. "Hey."

"Hi."

"So, I don't want you to panic but I need you to have a bag packed just in case we need to leave."

"What do you mean leave?"

"Mikael is in Mystic Falls. I'm hoping that because i'm technically on his side, he won't hurt me or you. But just in case I want you to be prepared."

{a/n: i'm so sorry no caroline but we will soon i swear <333}