𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐.

Reo's POV

"T-They still haven't come back..." Tokimitsu said, shaking and fiddling with his fingers.

"It's only been one day. I'm sure they're still OK." I looked at Barou who had said that but he was definitely not confident in his words.

Aryuu stayed quiet and stopped brushing his hair.

I sighed. "They'll come back. Well, maybe not all of them..."

Isagi's POV

"Isagi... ISAGI!"

I seemed to snap back to reality as y/n aggressively shook my shoulders to get my attention.

"You're looking pale! Do you need to throw up or anything?!"

"I..." I flashbacked to what happened a few minutes ago. Tons of zombies, the most I've seen in one place so far, and they're disfigured appearances and bodies... I clapped my hands over my mouth.

"Hey take deep breaths," Nagi said. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of my breathing and his, trying to synchronize them together to relax. After several breaths, my body released all contractions and the tension left me.

"He OK?" Bachira asked from the front wheel.

"Yeah."

"Hey Isagi, is there something wrong?"

I could feel 22 pairs of eyes on me, coming from the 11 people staring at me. No I'm not OK. I'm horrified.

"I'm scared," I admitted, speaking my mind. "I'm really, really scared." The others in the car didn't know what to say as we drove away, and they stayed silent.

"Hey uh... want a hug?" I looked up at y/n and she opened her arms out at me. I didn't care anymore and immediately hugged her. I wrapped my arms tightly around her and laid my head on her chest. She stroked my hair to calm my racing heart down. It felt very comforting.

After a moment, I heard her speak up. "Why did you shoot all those bullets?" she asked our new group member, Raichi.

"To help your friends out there idiot," he replied.

"That was so stupid. They would've managed to escape even if you hadn't so called 'helped,' and you just attracted all those other zombies in the area. Isagi here barely made it -"

"I wasn't the one who threw that grenade!!"

"Yeah sorry that was me," I heard Kuon say.

"Guys stop, there's no point in arguing," Chigiri said. "And they're part of the group now so we have to get along..."

There was more silence after that, and I was surprised Kunigami and Shidou hadn't said anything so far. Were they shocked about what had happened at the mall or were they just staying quiet to avoid any further fighting?

"Isagi, are you calmed down now? We need you for directions back to the house."

"Right." I got out of y/n's arms. "Thank you for calming me down," I smiled.

"No problem."

"I'll take the passenger seat now Kunigami."

Nagi's POV

"No good. I don't know if we'll have enough time left to go home at this rate," Isagi said. We had stopped the car to check the sky. The sun was still kind of high, but continuing to drive back to Isagi's house was a gamble.

"Hey it's finally sunny," Igarashi said.

"You're right." It had been cloudy all this time but today, I finally got to see an infinite vast space of light blue.