08 | Hungry

"―m sorry.."

"Sorry.."

"I'm.."

Kugisakis eyes widened at the sight. It's a girl who looks like she's around thier age, she assumes, sitting on the ground with two mangled bodies of whatever it is lying beside her.

In between her crunching and eating, she was crying and apologizing like there was no tomorrow. The girls arms are stained with blood and it's still dripping.

Just how long has she been here to get this bloody?!

'L/N-san..?'

Fushiguros breath hitches. This is it. No matter how much he wants nothing happening to you, something still happens.

Because you're cursed.

He can't do anything about what this is, but he can guarantee that this is the cherry on top; a confirmation wether you truly are a  curse user or just reckless enough that you'll accidentally get blood on a strangers handkerchief.

The two first years freezes when you slowly turned around, eyes blown wide and tears continuously flowing.

"F-Fushiguro..?" you mutter in disbelief while your stomach rumbles, forgetting the honorifics.

Kugisaki gulps, deciding that she should be the one to talk to you since the other first year, who's usually calm and prepared, is frozen in place.

"Hey, miss..."

Like Fushiguro, you're frozen with shock evident on your face. The gears in your head then begins to work.

"...You're safe now. Can you tell us what exactly happened―"

In a matter of seconds, you bolted out the room, catching the two off guard.

Adrenaline is coursing through your veins while you sprinted. your panic starts to rise as you ran to where the stairs are.

Not only were you beginning to feel tired from all the crying and eating you did earlier, a large dog is hot behind your trail; barking non-stop.

"Hey!" you hear Kugisakis voice echoing throughout the building. You're heading for the first floor.

'Fushiguro-san saw me!' your eyes widen at the realization. 'What if he thought i was crazy? Like some sort of freak..?'

While you're so lost in your thoughts, you didn't see the demon dog move to try and tackle you from behind. you then lose your balance as it successfully catches up to you.

"Ugh―!" you fall face first into the cement floor. The black shikigami then bites your hand, as if it doesn't want you to do anything.

"Let.. Go!" you groan, trying to wiggle out of it's grasp. Oh yeah, the dog is also sitting on your back..

Is fushiguro a dog trainer of some sort?

'If he is.. Then he's doing a great job!' you tried to get up but to no avail. You clench both of your fist, a few tears leaving your eyes. You feel filthy both inside and out.

You didn't expect this to happen. You only returned to the abandones apartment since you had nowhere else to look for these creatures.

Grosteque monsters that you crave.

Why were you even crying if you didn't do anything wrong? You were just trying to satisfy your hungry.. Stomach.. Yeah..

They saw you eat, didn't they?

You're so.. Irresponsible.

In all of the sixteen year you have lived, you're always careful— So to suddenly act like you're not yourself.. Is odd. Was this also the effect of consuming monsters?

Life was simple back then and before these past two weeks of your life. Now wonder about..

'What went wrong?'

Everything that you wouldn't notice, of course. You wished to be back at your home, with your parents and caretaker— eating breakfast, playing, and doing nothing but go to and from school. You wished you can turn back time to where you first opened your eyes, making all the right decisions to avoid being placed in the situation that you're in right now.

To avoid being the person you have become.

You never wanted to live alone in your lonely house, never wanted to receive white envelopes with money from your parents who are abroad, never wanted to swallow monsters who will continue to haunt you.

You've lived a sad life so far.. And if the gods above decided that making you suffer more is a good way to make it interesting, then they had done a good job.

You clench your fist, struggling to get Fushiguros dog off your back.

You grit your teeth.

'So careless..'