XVIII. Funeral

London, England

London, England

Skylar sat in next to Sam, watching as Steve carried the coffin of Peggy Carter down the aisle.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter, to come up and say a few words." The priest said. Skylar saw a blonde girl walk up to the platform.

She heard her exhale shakily. Sam nudged Steve to look up.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD. But I just knew her as Aunt Peggy. She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But, it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related. I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage at a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise when you can. Where you can't, don't." Sharon said.

"Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move. It is your duty, to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say, 'No... ... you move.'" Sharon quietly went back to her seat.

€€€€

Skylar found a nearby corner to blend in to and listen to a conversation that Steve and Natasha were having.

"When I came out of the ice, thought I wanted to ignore she was gone. When I found out that she was alive, I was just lucky to have her." Steve said. "She'd had you're back too." Natasha assured.

"Who else signed it?" He asked. "Tony, Rhodey, Vision." Natasha said.

"Clint?" He questioned. "Says he's retired." Natasha answered.

"Wanda?"

"TBD."

"Sky?"

"She's a mystery."

The super soldier nodded in response. "I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There is plenty of room on the jet. Just because it's the path of least resistance does mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

"What are we giving up to do it? Sorry, Nat. I can't sign it." Steve said. "I know." Natasha said.

"Well, then. What are you doing here?"

"I didn't want you to be alone." Natasha hugged him. "Come here."

Steve saw Skylar smiling a the two.
€€€€