Y. Itadori - Letting You Stay

(This contains some triggering content: Mentions of physical/verbal abuse (not from Itadori). If you don't want to read it, skip!)

Itadori was spread out on his couch, staring avidly at the TV resting in front of him. His mouth was open, palm smushing into his cheek. It's not like he was even paying attention, he was just tired as fuck but not ready to sleep yet.

To be honest, he didn't even know what he was watching. Probably some old action movie Gojo lent him the dvd for.

When his eyelids start getting heavier, he yawns obnoxiously and turns off the TV, standing up. He probably should go to bed now before he falls asleep on the couch.

As he shuffles past the front door, he hears a loud knock sounding from the wood. He hums and glances at the clock. Why is something here so late?

"One second!" He shouts sleepily, rubbing his eyes and turning the knob of the door.

His eyes fall upon your shaking figure, staring directly down at the floor. You're soaking, presumably from the rain pouring downside.

"Eh? Y/N?" He says confused, "Why are you here so late?"

You shuffle back and forth on your feet, keeping your head down, "Uh. Sorry, I didn't know anyone else near me to go to. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course. Do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

You shake your head.

Itadori reaches out to you, clasping his hand on your shoulder. He registers the way you tense up at his touch, and guides you to the couch.

"I'll be right back." He says softly, walking to his room to get you dry clothes.

You tensed. You've never tensed when he's touched you before. In fact, he hasn't even seen your face yet tonight. He's scared actually. You seem lost, and even though the fact that you came to him made him happy, he didn't want you to be in any danger.

He cards through his drawers, thought process still running wild. Maybe he felt responsible for your safety. You are one of his best friends.

Picking up the pile of clothes he acquired, he makes his way back out to the living room.

Guiding you down the hallway and to the bathroom, he hands you the clothes and leaves you to change. In the mean time, he decides to make some hot chocolate.

You exit the bathroom while he's almost done, so he lets his eyes track your movement to the couch. Your shoulders are slunched more then usual, causing your whole appearance to be drawn in.

"Y/N, you're kinda scaring me here." He admits, grabbing your mug and bringing it over to you. He sits a respectful distance away from you, turning his body to face yours.

"Yeah yeah, sorry about that." You accept the mug when he offers it, "Thank you. I'm good, no need to worry. I just couldn't be at home tonight."

"Why have you not looked up this whole time then?"

You seem to jolt, letting out a breath through your nose, "I got hurt, and it looks really gross."

"How'd you get hurt."

"I fell into a doornob."

"That's already happened once, I don't think it happened again."

Chuckling, you poke him in the leg, "For real, it's good. Feel free to kick me out though if you were doing something."

"I would never kick you out. And I know you're not okay. Don't say you are."

He reaches up, hovering his fingers under your chin.