Chapter: 29

Emma

"I see you showed up my little wind bird. I mean I knew you would since I have in my something very dear to you" I stopped running as I heard his echo through the forest.

"You have been a very bad girl mate" I tried to pinpoint his location but it was as if he was blocking my power. He always had a way to make my powers weaken. Wait that's right my powers won't work as long as he has that witch's help. How could I have forgotten such an important thing?

"It's time to come back and receive your punishment Eva" He whispered behind my ear. I was too slow to react; he has become stronger than before. I have to calm down, I can't let him think he is above me.

I am here to end him. That is my goal!

"I am not your mate!" I grit my teeth as I feel him wrap his arms around me. This feeling of disgust was overwhelming.

"Playtime is over my dear. It's time that you face reality or else..." He slowly turns us around and before I am the one thing I wanted to protect the most!

My eyes widen at the sight of my pups tied up and unconscious.

No!

H-how did...the kids were heavily guarded! The whole pack was. So why?

I can't allow him to hurt them.

"I'll do it. I'll go with you just leave them alone." I have to think of something quick. By now Zavier should have realized I'm gone.

Grandmother, I know you hear me.
Please help them...please help my children!

"You were coming with me either way. They are here to ensure you don't try anything Eva." He held me even tighter as he rubbed his face against mine.

No matter what, I have to stop him.

"Conner...please if you let them go I will do everything you say!" I lower my head and close my eyes to seem more vulnerable. 

I tried to focus my power on my pups. I kept failing but I did the best I could. I was not going to let them get hurt because of me!

Grandma!

I was starting to feel dizzy due to forcing myself to gain any type of access to my power.

"Mmm, why does my mate look so upset? There is no need. I am just trying to get rid of everything in our way of happiness. " 

My dear mate... I am so sorry for what I am about to do. My stubbornness to keep you all safe has led our children to danger. 

I planned to keep you from remembering and deal with this evil on my own. 

Grandmother, I know you warned me, and yet I push him away. I truly believed it was for the best.  

I BEG OF YOU MOON GODDESS! JUST SAVE MY CHILDREN! 

I let the weight of my body go as I prey to her. I'll sacrifice my all to save them. 

"My little bird have you finally given up?" He held on to my motionless body. "We will so have pups of our own, they will be our great warriors!" he said as he kissed my forehead

"Let's go home, my dear" 

I felt my body lose even more energy.

I watch as his men were about to kill my pups but with my all, I was able to break past the witch's block and create a windshield around them.

Let my shield be strong enough to keep them safe and destroy those who wish to break it.

 Zavier save them. The shield won't last too long...

My vision blurred and soon the loud arguing became silent.

*****

"You have chosen such a difficult path, my child" I could feel the sadness in this voice.

"I did what I could to ensure their safety, yet I have a limit on how much I can interfere with your destiny." 

I wanted to ask... I want to know more...

"Your fight will be a long and drastic journey full of pain and loneliness. This is all I can tell you, but be strong for even if I am unable to intervene will forever be by your side."

I wanted to cry.

One thing crossed my mind when I heard these words.

To fight my demons I had to get rid of any attachments and ready myself for the path of darkness. For as long as I have my family as my weakness, they will be in danger. 

I understand...

*****

Zavier

" I can never do anything right"

Just how many times will she escape from me so easily am I so useless that she can't trust me to protect her and our family. 

I ran through the forest to the place marked on the note. How can she be so reckless to go on her own? Let it not be too late to reach her. 

Goddess let me make it!

She does not need to bear this on her own. 

The smell of blood was spreading throughout the forest as I got closer to my destination. Fear and panic ran through my body. I hadn't re-marked Emma, meaning I had no clue if she was alright.

I also smell something awfully familiar as well. 

Once I reached the area I found many rogues' bodies scattered around a wind sphere. Many were still trying to destroy it. That must be Emma in there! Just as I stepped closer a familiar witch blocked my way as she gave me a big grin. 

"Well if it isn't my favorite DOGGY! " she laughed as I growled at her. I made sure to watch her every move as I circled her. 

"I must say your little mate is sure a hard one to kill," she says as she licks the blood off her fingers. 

Something told me this was not my mate's blood but her own. She was finding a way to taunt me. I knew she was already hurt badly. I just have to find the right place to strick. 

By this time many of the rogues left took notice that I was there and were charging at me but I know that Erick was not that far behind. 

Just as they came to me our pack warriors came to my aid. The witch was my target but just as she was to attack the wind sphere began to weaken causing the witch to smirk and make a run toward the sphere. I took my chance to tackle her to the ground. 

"you may have gotten to me but I still got to them first! " she laughed hysterically as I ripes her head off. Just as I did there was a shadow forcing its way into the wind sphere causing it to catch fire and break. 

I was not ready for what I saw next. My kids were the ones in the sphere! The flames were very close to reaching them. I had no way of getting close.  

Erick saw them and tried to use his power to reach for them but the flame only doubled in size. 

I jumped into the flames not caring if I burned as long as I can protect them. As soon as I felt the burning heat burn my fur it began to rain heavily extinguishing the rain as it fell. I run to the kids ignoring the pain. They seemed to be in a deep sleep but had no signs of any injuries. 

I look around with the kids in my arms but there was no sign of Emma. 

I looked down at the kids as I bring them closer

"Just where is your mother?"