Eleven

*Content Warning* - Suicide, Self Harm, Mental Health Illnesses. I advise not reading this chapter if you are not okay with the graphic details of the scenarios listed above.

Blood.

Water.

The lifeless body of my brother floating in the bathtub.

I floated like a ghost, feeling lifeless like the image before me.

I couldn't feel my own body. My hands, my feet, my heart.

It was simply shattered.

The repetitive drip, drip, drip of the mixed concoction of water and blood hitting the cold, tiled floor was my lifeline. It was my heart beat and the only sound flooding my ears.

I didn't cry.

I didn't shed one tear.

I just... froze.

I remained like that until I felt a nudge on my back. I didn't turn, nor acknowledge his presence. I remained frozen stiff. He pushed me out of the way slightly, and my glazed eyes met his face. He froze, but only for a second.

He cried.

He shed tears.

He collapsed in a heap on the floor.

He had just lost a son, and I had just lost a brother.

I don't remember how long we just stayed there, grieving in our own ways.

I remained silent and unmoving as he called people. There was an ambulance, but he was already too far gone for them to be of any help. There were words spoken, yet I heard nothing.

Time had seemed to stop, yet it felt like it was dragging on.

I barely remember how I got into my bed, but I did. I laid there emotionless. Nothing flooded through my body, heart or brain. Just... nothing.

Eventually, exhaustion seemed to envelope me. I did not let myself sleep. I tried to close my eyes once, but I saw him. I knew that if I closed my eyes again it would finally become real.

My brother was gone. Hamish Barlowe. The little goofball who loved food. He was only fifteen years old. And he was gone. Forever.

I blamed myself. I hated myself. If only I had known. If only I answered his text, made sure that he was okay. But no, instead I ignored him. I just shrugged it off as him being annoying.

Now he would never be able to annoy me again.

After meaningless hours of overthinking and blaming myself, my body caught up to me and I was launched into a sleep that I would never be ready to wake up from.

Sorry for the short and sad one.

I'd love some feedback!

Vote, comment, read on.

- T.J Starc