Chapter 215: Night Stroll

Two days have passed since the conversation with Valerie and nothing particular has happened since then. Rias suggested for Erin and some of the members to observe the castle town at night since they have so much time to spare in the guest room.

The members who went for a night stroll were the Royal Trio, Issei, Church Trio, and Rossweisse. Rias and Akeno still have to continue their discussion with Gasper's father, and Kiba will act as their bodyguard.

“Oh, it’s unexpectedly normal here huh, the town of Vampires that is.” Xenovia said as she scanned the unfamiliar town covered in pure white snow. There are many buildings all lined up in front of them.

The group arrived at the shopping district. The signboards for different kinds of shops are out, and there’s
everything from a clothing shop to a general store. There are also restaurants for those Vampires who were originally humans.

Erin tried to look around the shops but the reaction from those around them makes it difficult. The Vampires would gaze at them with scrutiny and they would undoubtedly put on a stink eye at the twins.

“Seems like they know that we are outsiders.”  spoke Xenovia.

Irina shrugs her shoulder in response.

“Even if this is a castle town, it’s still a world shut-in from the world outside. As I thought, those who came from outside must have a different vibe. You remember how we stood out when we went to foreign countries for our missions, Xenovia?”

“You are right. The obstacle faced by those raised in the Church would be the different cultures of the countries they are sent to for their missions.”

“I was also confused since there were many things I didn’t know about when I just arrived in Japan.” added Asia. She noticed Issei who was having an expression of discomfort.

"Issei, what's wrong?"

“……I don’t like having myself followed by someone.”

True to Issei's words, there are several Vampires following them. They are the ones that have been dispatched from the castle to watch over them.

“It can’t be helped. Even if we were allowed to go out, we are guests that are supposed to be staying inside that castle.”  replied Erin with a sigh. Her gaze then landed on Rossweisse who is looking at each of the shops with keen eyes.

“It was quite unexpected for you to come with us, Rossweisse."

Hearing that, Rossweisse answers while putting her chest forward, as if the action she took was the right decision.

“Of course. I’m a teacher from Kuoh academy and all of you are my students. You can call this as my guidance. Coming into Romania is nothing more than an extracurricular lesson.”

"Right..." Erin went along despite how obvious Rossweisse was acting. The latter is looking around the shops with sparkling eyes despite saying those teacher-like things.

Some shopkeepers casually called out to the members despite knowing that they are outsiders.

“Welcome, how about tea made from special herbs harvested from this area?”

“As I thought, there are no discount shops around here…… I think it would be okay for a 100 yen shop to be popular in the world of Vampires as well……” Rossweisse sighs as if she is grieving.

"So you were looking forward to that? Just how much love and attachment do you have towards 100 yen shop......?" thought Erin.

While the Goddess was making such comments inside herself, something shocking appears within her sight. The girl who is the other half of Ophis is sitting in front of a stand. She’s staring at the products displayed on the accessory stand.