chapter 29

❝she's a sucker for christmas❞

"do not touch the presents! I have it organized in who I'm giving each one to first to last!", marri shouted at itadori, who was totally trying to be a cheater and guess his surprise.

itadori physically slumped as marri hopped around in her velvety red christmas dress that had white fluff on the edges of her sleeves and the ends of the fabric.

"and plus, we have to wait for uncle nanamin. he gets his present first", the girl smiled, sitting at the center of the couch as the grinch was playing on the t.v.

"why does he get the first present? shouldn't it be gojō-sensei?", itadori asked, meanwhile the jujutsu students all got comfortable, as they were quite surprised with the amount of curses present.

marri sighed.

"yūji, you need to understand that other than papa, uncle nanamin's the only man in my life. he's on such a high petal that—"

"pedestal", megumi interrupted.

"such a high pedestal that he's the number one in my life", marri continued.

the girl's words made no sense to itadori.

before the boy could question the little girl anymore, marri heard the doorbell ring, to which she had hastily bounced off the couch and swung open the door so aggressively, the door handle nearly slammed against the wall.

"UNCLE NANAMIN!! YOU'RE HERE, YOU'RE HERE!!", marri squealed, jumping up and down as nanami picked the little girl up.

"indeed. have you all been waiting long?", the blonde man asked.

"ye—"

"NO! YOU'RE RIGHT ON TIME; PERFECT!", marri smiled, physically glowing as she tightly hugged nanami.

"should we eat dinner first or—"

"LET'S OPEN PRESENTS!! GO SIT ON THE COUCH UNCLE NANAMIN!! YOU GET MY PRESENT FIRST", marri exclaimed as she was then placed on her feet as she dragged the man towards where she was sitting.

as everyone gathered, marri twirled around a bit as she picked up the first box and skipped over to nanami like an elf delivering santa's presents.

the girl anxiously awaited nanami to open his present as she fiddled with her fingers.

nanami's eyes ever so slightly widened.