Birthday | سالگراہ

Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.

-Anonymous.

DURRANI HOUSE:

"Where the hell did they go?", Zohaib said in exasperation.

It's been almost 2 hours since he has come back from work but there was no sign of Faryal and Zahra. Initially, he thought they might be in someone else's room. He searched for them but he could not find them. It seemed like everyone was in their own rooms, typical Durrani afternoon. The house was extremely quiet. He called Faryal but she didn't pick up the call as well. Oblivious to himself, the surprising thing was that he was not only getting worried for Zahra, but he was also worried for Faryal.

He looked around his room, it seemed lifeless without them. The silence was annoying him.

"Should I search them again?", he murmured. He didn't even get to decide, his feet moved by themselves and he went downstairs. He could hear the low voices coming from the lounge as he was getting closer.

"Zohaib you are not ready yet?", Dad eyed him with wriggled eyebrows as he entered the lounge.

"Ready? for what?", he said while scanning the area through his eyes but they were still not there. Mom came towards them when she heard his response.

"You don't know what is today?", she looked at him doubtfully.

"No, where is Za...", Before he could complete his sentence they heard Zain's screams.

"Mom...Mom", Zain screamed as he appeared from the main door, followed by Huzaifa and Usman.

"Mom will Huzaifa bhai ever let me live my life the way I want to", Zain seethed in anger.

"These two", Dad said and quickly left the place. He knew if they found him here they will ask him to solve their unsolvable problem.

"Zain stop being so overdramatic", Huzaifa rolled his eyes.

"You both keep fighting, I don't have any more patience to hear it. Bye, I'll get ready", Usman said and left the place.

"Mom, ask him", Zain folded his hand over his chest.

"When will you both stop fighting like kids?", Mom sighed. "What did you do now Huzaifa?" Mom knew Huzaifa is the smart one. He won't do anything irrational but for Zain's peace of mind she asked him.

Huzaifa gave them an uninterested glance and kept quiet.

"He doesn't have anything to say in his defense. Oh, how will he Mom? when he is the one at fault...But no, as usual, he won't accept his fault. DAMN GREAT!", Zain clapped.

"I wanted to stay back with Faryal bhabhi.", Zohaib snapped his head towards them hearing Faryal's name. "I told, no scratch that I literally begged Huzaifa bhai to leave me there with them. He kept denying saying I need to go home to dress up. Mom, you could have brought my dress with you it wasn't a big deal. Even if I don't dress up It doesn't matter, I was looking handsome alreadyyyy....Meri khushi q nahi dekhi jathi in say? (Why can't he see me happy?)"

"Because I knew you will keep bothering her", Huzaifa reacted.

"And why would I do that bhai, ap janthay hain Faryal bhabhi aur Zahra k baghair mera dil nahi lagtha ghar pay chahay thori der hi q na ho (You know I don't feel like staying at home without Faryal and Zahra even if it's for a while)",