Forgotten love - Changbin

You were walking alone at night as you spoke on the phone with your soon-to-be husband.

"Don't worry Binnie~ I'm almost home," you giggle at how cute he was for complaining.

"I can just pick you up and drive you back. You're probably cold out there!"

"It's fine, trust me alright? I'll be there in 5 minutes," you said as you waited for the streetlight to turn red.

"Okay, I'll trust you baby~~ Don't forget that I love you!!"

You wanted to tease him so you didn't tell him what you knew he wanted to hear.

"Yah! Where's my I love you too!!" He whined loudly.

You could already imagine the pout he had on his face as you were laughing quietly.

"I just wanted to see your reaction," you told him before crossing the road. "Do you want to hear me say it?"

"Come on, don't be mean y/n!"

"Okay okay, I love y-"

A sudden pain jolts through your body and you feel yourself fall to the ground. Your ears start to ring loudly and you touched your head, flinching when it stings.

You couldn't do anything. You couldn't even reach your arm out to grab your phone that was only a few inches away from you. Everything hurt so much and tears started to fall from your eyes. His voice was calling your name, but it slowly grew quieter and more unclear.

"Y/n!! What happened!?!? Why did it sound like you were hit by a car?!? Are you okay?! Y/n, answer me!!!"

Changbin yelled through the device continuously, hoping you would reply but that wouldn't be happening.

Using the strength you had left, you pulled your hand towards your chest and held it close to your heart. Because you wouldn't let the ring on your finger get lost. If you couldn't live through this, then the love within the jewelry would.

"Please, please, please be alright.... What happened to my I love you?"

-3 y e a r s l a t e r-

You finished your latte and threw away the cup after thanking the workers at the cafe. Just when you were about to leave, you saw a man exiting before you. Your eyes fell upon a beautiful sliver ring on the table where he sat at and you went over to it, picking it up in your hand.

"This must belong to him, I should return it."

You immediately ran out the door and looked around to see if he was still close to the cafe.

"Where could he have gone..." you mumble to yourself before spotting him in the distance. "Excuse me!!"

He turned around and looked at you with a surprised expression. Soon after, you caught up to him and held out the ring in your palm.

"You forgot this earlier. I just wanted to give it back to you," you smiled and he chewed his bottom lip.

"O-oh thanks..." he took it from you but it looked like there were tears building up in his eyes.

"You okay?" You tilted your head to the side innocently.

"Yeah, it's nothing...." he takes a moment to think before speaking up. "Can I repay you?"