Chapter 23

Fly

I opened my eyes grudgingly when I felt soft kisses on my face making me feel grumpy again.

"Stop, kissing!" I pouted at Juan, the tears hang on my lashes as I look at her in a grievance.

"JuJu's just too cute!" Then she proceeds to steal a kiss from me again making me shriek.

We tumble into the bed, laughter rang inside the room as I felt the sweat rolling off my nose. Juan stood up and pulled me up, she blinks her clear eyes in front of me, and smile.

"I'm glad JuJu is fine" her eyes were still red from the cry arousing pity from everyone.

"I'm fine now mommy so don't be sad anymore okay?" I embraced her and felt her hands tightening on me.

She rubbed my hair so gently, a feeling of serenity flashed at this moment as we leave the room.

"I bought some sweet and sour chicken, your favorite" my eyes lit up, it's been so long since I've tasted sweet and sour chicken ever since I've become a child.

"Yet! Thank you mommy!" I quickly trot my way towards the table and sat with an eager look on my face.

Juan placed a bowl of sweet and sour chicken in front of me and a plate of rice on the other side. My stomach rumbled making Juan burst into laughter, I could have done red at that moment but the only thing in my mind is sweet and sour chicken.

I can't believe it as well, I had tasted all the delicacies and exquisite meals from all over the world, and the fact that I'm excited about sweet and sour chicken seems so far-fetched. Heh, how the world turns the table hm?

We had a great meal and watched Peppa pig amidst my extreme rejection of the show. With a bowl of sugar-coated peanuts in my hand, we enjoyed the show and spent almost two hours watching it before I was told to sleep.

...

My reward!

As soon as I bathed in the restroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror, my head finally remembered about my reward.

Damn it! My reward! I've suffered so much yet there's not even a thank you from the victim's family! Argh!

I ran to the door after changing into a  white faded barbie shirt and a checkered black and pink skirt with some strings on the end of the hem which I've plucked before. Juan was already cooking some eggs and sausage and a cup of warm milk was placed on my table.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, JuJu?" She asked with her back turned against me.

"Have you see Xiao Ruo, the little boy who was with me yesterday?" Her body stiffens and then she shut the stove off before turning her back to me.

"I've seen him with her mother and... I don't know what else happened after that. I was just so worried about you so I didn't ask furthermore about your friend"

No! I should've stayed there and let his parents see me in a pitiful position then I could have aroused their pity on me and gave a reward based on my meritorious deed! Instead, I wailed to Juan and slept like a baby! No! My reward! All gone!

I haven't even got to take a look at them and now they're even far from reality, far from the fact that I'll hold it in my hand, such a waste of opportunity!

"Don't cry JuJu! I'll take you to see him okay? I'll ask for his name so please don't cry"

Cry! All I can do is cry now for what I've lost! After overcoming all the difficulties I've faced, this is what I'll get!

Hmph! Don't ever let me see that naive dog again! I'm never gonna trust him again and if I did I'll call him gege then!

Then a knock resounded outside, Juan opened it though I couldn't see those unwanted visitors due to the tears in my eyes.

Before I could rub them, a figure flees in my direction, and soon I fell on the floor, my head hurting so much and a very familiar voice ringing in my ears.

"JuJu!"

Then darkness consumes me not knowing the troubles I've left behind and the relationships that will be created after this day.

***
Chapter 23 is up!

Poor JuJu, she'll call him gege then even if he's a generation younger than him, haha!

Anyway, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!