Chapter thirty

Knowing that she couldn't run away, Sophie curled up on the ground and prayed that the horse would jump over her.

The horse let out a loud whinny, and just as Sophie was sure it would trample her, a shower of dirt landed on her.

The galloping and whinnying stopped. Sophie waited a few seconds before looking up.

Right above her was a beautiful glittering white  horse, almost silver. But what drew her attention the most was the mares eyes. They were brown with gold flecks in them. Just like hers.

"Hi," Sophie whispered.

The horse leaned down and sniffed at her. Sophie sat up and reached to pet the horse. It immediately jumped back and reared. Sophie put her hands out hoping that the strong mare wouldn't stomp on her.

When the horse calmed down it looked curiously and Sophie, her eyes seem to scan every part of her.

Sophie held out her hand and the mare put its head into it. Sophie stroked her face let out a sigh of relief.

"Sophie! There you are!" A voice yelled.

The horse let out a loud whinny and galloping in the other direction.

"Biana!" Sophie exclaimed. "You scared her off!"

"Who? That horse?" Biana asked.

"Yeah."

"That horse is wild, it was to dangerous to be around anyways," her friend said.

"But she was so pretty," Sophie said.

"I know, but we need to get you back to the group."

Biana help Sophie to her feet and they went back to the group beneath the tree.

"Wake up!" Biana yelled and everyone started to their feet.

"What the heck, Biana?" Dex yelled.

"Well, Sophie apparently disappeared in the middle of the night, and none of you noticed," Biana told him.

"Couldn't you have woken us up a little nicer?" Keefe complained.

"Right?" Marella agreed.

"Nope!" Biana smiled.

"Where's Tam?" Linh asked worriedly.

"I'm right here," Tam answered from behind Sophie. "And I did notice that Sophie was missing, by the way. She started sleepwalking so I followed her, until a horse ran me over and I got knocked out."

Keefe sniffled his laugh.

"Are you okay?" Linh asked.

"Yeah," Tam pulled his bangs over his eyes and sat down with his back against the tree.

Just then, Sophie noticed the red stain on his pants. "Tam," Sophie said. He looked up at her leaning on Biana. "You're leg is bleeding."

"I know," he said.

"I'm gonna need a knife," Sophie said.

"Woah Foster," Keefe said. "I know Bangs Boy is a little grumpy, but no need to take drastic measures here."

"Not for killing him," Sophie rolled her eyes as she took the knife Marella was handing to her. She carefully sat beside Tam and sliced a square of fabric out of one of his pant legs where the blood stain was.

Right on his shin was a giant bloody hoof print.
"You're lucky it's not broken," Sophie told him. "But now I don't know what to do, who's up?"

"I am," Linh said