FIFTY-SEVEN

- Chapter Fifty-Seven -
"Forever to obey."

Elladora lay still on her bedroom floor, her limbs on fire and her head empty

Elladora lay still on her bedroom floor, her limbs on fire and her head empty. Meaningless and pathetic cries slipped past her trembling lips whilst her fingers twitched beside her for something to hold and depend on. Even by not talking she could tell that her voice was raspy from all of the screaming. It ached and pulled yet she could not do anything about it, all she could do was lay limp at her mothers feet whilst moisture pooled in the tear duct of her left eye and down the side of her face, eventually dropping onto the floor with a small and silent splash.

Her mind was whirring around in circles yet she couldn't seem to catch anything that it was thinking of. She caught a glimpse of her brothers face, maybe even Remus sometimes but other than that it burned painfully every time she tried to focus on something else. Her vision was disorientated and everything seemed to be moving in front of her though a lot was blocked from the thick and hot tears that were beginning to pile up.

She wasn't tortured enough to be put to insanity, but it had definitely been enough to have her dazed for however long until it wears off. But in the back of her spacy, unfocused mind she knew that she would be given no time to regain her strength.

It was stupid to yell at her mother and she blames herself. She blames herself for everything. Why didn't she just take Regulus and run? Why didn't she reach out to someone about her fears for the holidays? Why didn't she open up? Why couldn't she keep her mouth shut?

It was all her fault, she let herself get attached to her friends back at Hogwarts like she said she wouldn't and now she missed them dearly, regretting not talking to them more. She broke her promise to Regulus that everything would be okay, it wasn't. She pissed off her mother enough thanks to her new confidence that she let herself gain and now she was lying tortured on the floor. Avery and Mulciber, two sons of her parents' friends, had tormented her and she had angered them. She deserved the time she spent in the hospital wing and now she reckoned that it should have been more time.

She deserved every single thing that had happened and would happen to her.

"Get up." A hand latched itself onto her weakened arm and her voice rasped in protest but no actual words came out as she was pulled forcefully from the floor to stand up right. Her dress and corset weighed her down a lot more than they did before. "Yes, I suppose you regret it now, don't you?"

She said nothing and just nodded slowly, her eyes clouded over, still in a haze unregistered actions.

"Good." Her mother cooed softly, her lips tipping up into the smallest smirk when she saw that her daughter wasn't fully focused at the moment. "Are you ready to go downstairs now?" She asked softly, though it was thoroughly patronizing.

Elladora nodded again, her empty head still not processing the words as her mother led her out of her room, keeping a tight grip on her arm as they went slowly down the stairs. The sounds of their shoes tapping against the staircase were muffled in the young girl's ears just like her mother's had been when they were back in the room. It was like she was some sort of robot, following every instruction that she was given without a second though.