Chapter 37

Words couldn't express how excited I feel right now. I've been waiting for this for so long.

If you're curious, well you must be, lemme tell you what I'm going to do.

I'm going to the funfair, finally. After years of being an adult and doing adult stuff, I got a chance to enjoy my life like a kid again.

The next best thing is that Alessandro and Trevor are following me too. I know all of you are going to be confused as to why Trevor's coming with us.

No, he's not third-wheeling; I was the one who invited him. He has been pretty stressed due to the pile of assignments he's receiving nowadays.

Not only that, he's not taking care of himself lately, and his face looked dull, empty. I asked him if he was okay, but he just said it was just the stress. Being the best friend I am, I decided to invite him to the funfair with Alessandro and me.

Alessandro was more than fine of this; in fact, he said Trevor would make the evening better.

Both men became quite close over time, and I was happy for Trevor. He always wanted an understanding guy friend in his life, and he's got it now.

I also offered Hailey and Amelia to join us, but Amelia had to help Hailey with an assignment, so they can't.

But before having fun at the funfair, we wanted to have a little shopping time first.

"Amy, look, this looks good, isn't it?" Trevor asked, holding out a white crop top with colorful polka dots and a drawstring at the end.

"It's good; we should buy it for the four of us," I told him as I held the crop top on me, to which Trevor nodded with a smile.

He took four of them according to our sizes and kept them in the bucket.

"Where's your man?" Trevor questioned.

I looked around, searching for Alessandro. He said a jacket caught his eye a while ago, so he went to the men's section for it.

"Boo," I heard a deep voice whisper. Startled, I looked behind to see him behind me with the jacket and a few other items in his bucket.

Who knew my billionaire boyfriend had a thing for shopping? Now, I know.

"You guys got enough?" Alessandro asked.

"Nope, you?"

"This store didn't have the clothes that I wanted to add to my closet, but I did manage to pick some."

"Amy, what are you doing? Let's go; this is not enough," Trevor hissed.

We went on for another hour at two different stores, getting a few on each store. Alessandro followed us, giving us some useful suggestions.

"The total would be $200," the cashier told, bringing our total to be almost $600.

Before Alessandro could even reach for his wallet, I've given the cashier my card. He grunted in defeat.

I knew this would cost me a lot of money, but my best friend matters more than how much I have in my bank account.

We then had bubble tea. If you had it for the first time, Mark my words; it'll become a lifelong obsession.

"I've never been to a funfair......oh my god, I'm so excited," Trevor squealed.

"I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy your time there," Alessandro replied as we walked through the main entrance of the mall.

The whole walk to the car, Alessandro was gripping tightly on my waist. He had never done this before during instances like this, but I never questioned it. Maybe he's a little more affectionate than usual.