Chapter 15

I hope you guys loved the last update. Are you shipping someone already? OKay. So this is today's product:

"I can walk now, how far is it? This turtle travel is soaking my leftover energy. Literally, it's hard." I said, more annoyingly.

"Jasper. Your spine can be broken or bad and your muscle tissues could have been torn apart. If you walk you'll die. We need to see someone who is a manager of the retreating room. If you still don't understand you stay here and help other insects decompose your body." she said in the same annoying voice I used. She continued,

"Seriously? Your so-called sister hunts you down with arrows, you are left with nothing, and when someone tries to help you out and save you, you want to die at the same moment complaining about your living through your can's and wont's. If you are willing to die then you could have told me earlier, my turtles won't be going out of the air and my legs out of pain!"

I instinctively looked at her legs, beneath her mini sky blue shirt, thin and lean. Plus red and shaky.

"Uh, sorry. I don't mean to-"

"You better stay quiet."

"Why are you doing this? Why did you even help me out? I mean, the first time when I was acting dumped, you were the hazel-eyed charlotte who helped me and disappeared all of a sudden. After that Zoe named girl tied druffs like something on my hands and took me to the palace where my sister ditched me. Then, the second time, when I was trailing over streets and trees you welcomed me in your house and then again gave me a place to live. The third time you served my sister and showed her that she isn't the only one taking care of, or helper. The fourth time you brought me back from death and are taking me to a doctor. Why?" I was staring at the sky seeking answers without knowing the girl beside my turtle ride was going red out of anger. I vomited all of it on her.

"Jasper? You know what? You are selfish and mean like all the other people. You don't care. You are hopeless and nothing more than just a corpse." she yelled in a low voice as if someone would hear her and then she went all teary. She hid her emotions, but I knew what that meant.

"Hey, listen. I am sorry. Really. I never intended to make you cry".

"Such good thing to say when you had already done it." Her battling melodic voice raged the storm. Her blond eyes shrinking and letting the anger overcome her face.

Charlotte drank her tears back and started walking fast until I saw an old wooden house, with palm tree leaves sheltering the roof.

"Woof!" barked a dog.

I turned over the voice and saw Jet. He has been a quiet whiteness.

"Jet?" I called out. "Woof!" I heard him.

Oh, so that new dog over at Elvina's place taught Jet to bark and walk properly. While staying quiet all the time when last day takes over. Great.

It wasn't until someone called out, "Hey, Charlotte!!! How are you doing? Where you were last days? I was pretty much flabbergasted because no bluebirds from your side flew across my mini hut. How are you here?" It was a crazy young man, around 20 or 19 I guess, wearing a maroon loose shirt with black and white striped trousers. His accent was African and his voice was husky and deep. He was extremely thin, pale, smoky brown skin and hair, more like an African nerd wearing huge thick glasses on his small face, over dark brown eyes.

When finally he realized my presence, he coughed, cleared his throat, widened his eyes, and stared. Looked away. Then blinked his eyes several times, then again started to stare. This time when he was staring with his large eyes, extra-large, it seemed like his eyes were uncomfortable under those big black-framed glasses and wanted to pop out and I wanted to comment on him.

"What?" my voice withered...

He ignored my question like usually people do. At last, he said, "What is this, sister?" Was Charlotte his sister? If yes, then they do not look alike even if you search for a matching chromosome gene in them.

I followed his gaze and bony pointed fingers and found out he was acting awkwardly because of my turtle ride.

"Alyx. This is called the turtle ride and this is the guy who was shot straight into the gut by an arrow. I found him fainted and bleeding in the jungle and due to the skill of a helper I can never ignore such begging, helpless and lifeless humans lying on the street. Of course, I had to help him, so I brought him here. If Jingles can do something." that felt like she was answering me and not Alyx named dude. Great, she had an attitude.

"I wasn't able to think of any emergency ride, and calling a caravan would take a half an hour and he was about to die, but he didn't which amazes me and that's why I thought he could be healed, so...yeah... This is the story. I thought Jingles and Kringles could help." she said without hesitation or even taking a breath which she did after saying this much.

Alyx laughed.

"You are her brother?" I asked out of confusion.

"Yes. Kind of." He blinked and made an expression from his eyes- while Charlotte was feeding her turtles which were tired and panting.

Alyx helped me up and for one moment he looked the same height as Max, my cousin. He smelled of old books and cinnamon. His dark skin shining brighter with a kind smile.

"Come on in, Charlotte," Alyx told Charlotte and smiled.

"Umm, Alyx you take care of him. I guess you need to bandage him and clean him a bit. Make him sleep and... I'll be right back." She said, still feeding her turtles.

"Where are you going?" Alyx asked.

"I need to send some morphyll to Jasmine. Tell her I am safe and I'm here with you. So she doesn't worry. I left without telling her this noon and it's about to get dark." she said. Her forehead was filled with worry lines.

"Yeah, okay," Alyx said, convinced.

"But, it will take you more time to get here, again," I said suddenly.

"I have a horse." She raised her eyebrows, asking for more interruptions. She whistled and a beautiful flying horse the same color of her eyes, appeared from the sky.

"Here, have some berries, Hazel."

"Hazel?"

"It's her horse, isn't she beautiful?" Alyx whistled too.

"Do you always keep berries with you which never gets finished?" I asked. "And don't you have a broom?"

Charlotte shot me a deadly look which meant to stay quiet.

I went with the big glassed Alyx in the hut while Charlotte moved to the opposite side.