🌞Chapter 49🌻

🌞🌻

'She knows what I really am?' Gulf went pale.

A photographer had probably followed them after they had eaten with Mew. It had been hard to say goodbye to Bright that night, and so Gulf had wound up staying with him at his hotel. The camera had caught it all.

The first photo showed them on the morning that Bright went to the airport. Gulf had dressed like a woman so as to go straigh to his meeting with Mew that afternoon.

"These are extremely recent pictures." Yaya said harshly. "I'm sure you have some idea of when they were taken."

Gulf couldn't say anything.

Yaya exploded. "How dare you to try marry Mew when you have  lover?"

Gulf's eyes widened involuntarily at Yaya's words. "What?"

"Are you going to keep pretending you don't know what I'm talking about when I have all this proof?" the woman shrieked. "You really are a gold digger."

'She still doens't know I'm a man!'

"You're wrong. That man is just a friend of mine from high school," Gulf said, holding back his laughter.

"You say that even though I have irrefutable proof that you stayed at the night together in a hotel?" Yaya smiled mockingly.

Unable to contain himself any longer, Gulf burst into laughter. "Even if we'd slept in the same bed together, it wouldn't be what you think it is. He's gay."

'I'm sorry, Bright.' Gulf apologized to Bright in his heart, then contiued. "Why don't you ask him? I can give you his phone number. Of course, Mew already know about this."

"What an obvious lie," Yaya scoffed.

Mew, who had been standing as silent as a statue, spoke at least. "She's telling the truth. Cousin, will you please give this up? You must know that I met him myself. I imagine you're hiding the picture of the three of us eating together. I'm not such a fool that I'd sit down to eat with my romantic rival."

Yaya seemed to be left speechless at last. She stared at them each in turn, narrow eyebrows bristling.

"So you won't be canceling the engagement party then?" she shouted.

"That's correct." Mew nodded charitably.

Yaya turned on her heel and stormed out, slamming the door behind her. Gulf waited until the sound of Yaya's footsteps had grown distant, they let out a deep breath.

"I thought she'd found out that I'm a man." He smirked and glanced at Mew.

Mew's expression was complex.

"I didn't know you two felt that way about each other," he muttered pointedly as he looked away from Gulf.

"What?" Gulf's eyes grew wide with amazement.

"I guess I was mistaken when I thought that, that was your first time," Mew said.

Gulf felt the blood rising to his head. He slapped Mew before he realized what he was doing.

"You're a monster!" he screamed, abandoning Mew, who was still in a daze, to run to his room.

He threw himself on his bed. His tears rushed up and flowed uncontrollably. He had already realized the reason for his tears, but he didn't want to admit it.

He loved Mew.

TBC