18'

18' Reigning Pain in New Orleans

꧁꧂

Wanda walked over to her closet finishing unpacking since moving into the Abattoir Yard. Hayley walked in looking pressed as she laid on Wanda's bed, "What's wrong?" Wanda asked her pregnant friend.

"Klaus ordered a werewolf hunt." Hayley replied, Wanda turned to look at her "And why on earth would he do that?" she asked. "Because he's a dick and wants 'loyalty'" Hayley scoffed. "I'm assuming since you're here and not pacing around like a madman you got it covered?" Wanda said with a small smile.

"Yeah Rebekah, Elijah, and Kol are going to take care of it." Hayley noticed how Wanda's smile fell at the mention of Kol as she looked down. "Hey" she said softly to Wanda as she looked up "Did something happen between you two? Kol hasn't been... well Kol, he usually can't go a second with being by your side and today it was like he was avoiding it? And you can lie to me and say you're fine but you're far from it, I can tell." Hayley said.

Wanda felt touched at how Hayley actually cared, she sighed and sat next to Hayley on the bed, "We kissed" she revealed. Hayley's eyes widened, "What?! Shouldn't that be a good thing?" she said.

"And then I told him it was an accident." Wanda said. "Oh you're an idiot." Hayley said, Wanda glared at her friend. "I am" Wanda agreed, "Then why would you say that in the first place" Hayley said.

"Because..." Wanda started, "Because?" Hayley repeated, "Because, I'm afraid to lose him." Wanda sighed. "Why would you lose him?" Hayley asked, "Every time, I care for someone they get killed. My brother, dead. My parents, dead." Wanda said.

"It's ok to be scared, Wanda. But I don't think pushing Kol away will do you better, it'll just hurt you more." Hayley said putting her arm around the girl to comfort her, Wanda laid her head on Hayley's shoulder.

"Something inside my head is telling me to stay away from him, like a warning." Wanda said, "There's always gonna be this nagging voice inside us telling us what to do. What's important are our feelings. Like how you feel about Kol." Hayley explained to her.

"My feelings?" Wanda asked, "Yes, like what do you feel for Kol?" Hayley asked. "I... I don't know" Wanda replied honestly, "I call bullshit." Hayley said not believing it.

"I-I really don't... I've never felt that way about anyone, so I don't know what I'm supposed to feel." Wanda said, but like it was more for herself.

Hayley sighed, "Maybe you should figure it out then, because no one can tell you how you feel but yourself, although I have a pretty good guess." she said as she got up "I'm gonna go talk with Klaus, rest Wanda you look exhausted."

Wanda nodded, Hayley made her way out of the room as the redheaded girl just sat there, why did she always feel a magnetic pull towards Kol?

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

Hayley walked into the living room where Klaus was sat, "Those werewolves you ordered killed, that's my family." she stated, "Not for long, love. I mean, this so-called family of yours, they haven't done you much good, have they? You said it yourself, they abandoned you and left you on your own. Now it's simply your turn to do the same." Klaus said smirking.

"Maybe they had their reasons." Hayley tried to argue, "Yes, while I have reason too, little wolf. If the werewolves are dead, then the vampires have less desire to kill you. I am trying to keep you safe. Not that you appreciate the effort." Klaus explained,

"And as soon as I have this baby, what happens to me then?" Hayley asked, they both stood in awkward silence.

"Right... Well, lucky for me I have a little while before I find out. And in the meantime I will find a way to pay you back for this. As long as I'm in the family, you can't do a damn thing about it." she said bitterly then walked out.

Klaus goes to play the piano as his three siblings walk in, "I stink of the bog!" Rebekah whined as Kol shook his head at his younger sister.

"Serves you right, for your pathetic attempt to undermine my rule." Klaus said, "Nik, listen-" Rebekah tried to say but was cut off, "When I order werewolves to be hunted to extinction, I expect you to stand aside and let the blood flow." Klaus told his siblings.

"How delightfully democratic of you." Kol said, clearly not in the mood. Elijah threw a ring at Klaus.

"Do you recognize it? Perhaps you don't, it has been a thousand years since you last saw it grace the hand of our mother. The ring was in possession of one of the very wolves whose extinction you just ordered. So naturally, I questioned him. He spoke of a legend. A legend wherein long ago, a chief of theirs had fathered a child to a very powerful witch. Their mythology further states that this child, a son, was later transformed into something this clan had never before seen. Something werewolf and vampire." Elijah explained to his younger brother.

"Nik, we're trying to make amends. We found remnants of your family. The bloodline of your true father. And we saved them from being slaughtered at the hands of the vampires you command." Rebekah pleaded.

"Niklaus, your ambitions have come before this family for far too long. Niklaus, I beseech you please, come home." Elijah told his brother.

Klaus scoffed, "What home? This pathetic substitute? You see, despite all your doubts, all you attempts to thwart me, I've reclaimed our true home. I took back the entire city." he proudly stated.

"You have the audacity to boast of your victory when the mother of your child remains your prisoner?" Elijah said, "It all comes down to the pretty little wolf, doesn't it, brother?" Klaus retorted.

"Here we go again." Kol muttered, "Stop it both of you!" Rebekah shouted.

"Even if this is what you say it is, I have had enough of family to last me a lifetime. Why would I possibly want any more?" Klaus says as he leaves, Rebekah and Elijah stand there as Kol interrupts the silence.

"Family discussions always do end well." he sarcastically said, Rebekah glared at him as Elijah stood sad and defeated.

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿

Kol went to walk up to his room when Wanda walked out of hers, making them stand in front of each other. Kol saw as she looked tired and drained, he wanted to hold her and comfort her like he had done before, but clearly that wasn't what she wanted.

He looked past her and kept walking, if she wanted to ignore their bond, what could he do. Wanda watched as Kol walked right past her, she looked down, knowing it was her fault.

She shook her head and went downstairs, this was for the best.

▵▿▵▿▵▿▵▿