34

Alice Avery

Maybe I wasn't scared of him, maybe I was scared of me. He twisted my mind into an unsolvable knot, he specialized in mind games. Was I really like him? Was I truly the daughter of someone so evil.

"Get out, both of you," I demanded darkly. "Get out and never come back, I don't know why you came here in the first place."

Vince shrugged in a cocky manner, "I missed you."

"No you mean you missed having a rag doll you could throw around."

He scoffed sarcastically, "I guess you aren't that stupid after all."

"I'm strong." I stated and took an encouraging step forward. "I'm strong and I'm brave and you are none of those things, you're a coward."

"Why's that?" He hummed.

I smiled unbothered. "I had the courage to leave you behind, as for you, you can't seem to let me go. Coward."

My grin was confident and mean and that clearly frustrated him.

"Now walk the fuck out my door, don't make me ask you again." I told them both harshly and opened the front door.

Colton was the first to walk out. "You're making a mistake," he whispered. I ignored him as he continued walking.

Vince stopped in front of me and faced me. "You're digging your own grave, you'll be six feet under before you know it." He spoke in a chilling tone, he then leaned down to my ear and whispered. "Tell your mother I say hello."

The second they left I slammed the door and slide down to the floor, holding my head with my two hands. I didn't know who the hell I was. He threatened to kill me and I was unfazed, I was held at gun point and didn't even flinch, I held him at gunpoint and didn't stammer over one word I spoke. My bizarre behaviour was impossible for me to understand, it seems he brought out something vile in me.

The front door vibrated against my back, I jumped alarmed as a bang on the door sounded. I scrambled up from the floor and wearily opened the door.

I let out a sigh of relief, Theo stood on the opposite side of the door looking worried as ever.

"He's gone don't worry-" I spoke but instantly stopped as I saw Ricky turn the corner. "You've got to be kidding me, why did you bring him?"

"I didn't know what else to do!" Theo defended as I closed the door after Ricky walked in.

"Well he's gone now so you can go back home," I pointed my finger at Ricky the turned my attention back to Theo, "and you can quit worrying about me."

"You're bleeding." Ricky said in a bland tone and pointed to my eyebrow.

I shot my eyes back to him but I didn't reply and they both stayed silent and stared at me, I felt like a freak.

"What happened, what did he do?" Theo pushed and I just rolled my eyes.

"Are you not hearing me? I said everything is fine." I told in an agitated tone. I didn't want anyone to be involved with Vince, especially Ricky. They didn't need to know this, it wasn't their problem to deal with. "Now would you stop staring at me like I have three heads."

"Ali-"

"Stop," I halted Ricky. "You need to go."

"I'm not leaving, I think you need me now more than ever."

"I thought we had a deal? I thought we were ditching each other until we were healed?" I chuckled lightly at the heartfelt conversation we had nights ago, it was so unlike me. "You can't just show up when you feel like it, I've dealt with enough today so get out."