Chapter 51

A/N: This is a double update, so make sure to read the first one before.
————

Harry's POV

It had been a year since I first met Bianca. Almost exactly a year ago she backed her way through the BBC doors and into my life. That day, I already knew that my life was going to change since it marked my first day as a solo artist, but I never expected it to change in more ways than just that.

Today felt like one of those days as well. Ironic how it this day almost felt like I was meeting her, for the first time, again.

With very few hours of sleep in my system, I drove up to the venue. The security guards smiled at me through the window while they somewhat guided me to where I could park my car. With the engine turned off, I took a moment for myself to just breathe before stepping out of the car. I didn't know how many more moments today that I would get for myself, and I just needed a second to both compose myself, and freaking out before I had to put on a mask for everyone else as if everything was normal and fine.

Stepping into the maze backstage, surrounded by the people that were not going to just pull off tonight's show, but tomorrow's as well, I smiled kindly and said my hellos. When finally reaching my dressing room, hoping to at least get a break from wearing my cool, calm and collected mask- I was instead met by Jeff on the sofa with a laptop.

Still with much time left, I sat across from him, folding my arms crossed over my chest. Sitting like that, in silence, me doing nothing, I didn't know how long it lasted. Suddenly I just saw that Jeff's mouth was moving, but no sound came out of it. My head couldn't register it with the deafening overthinking my mind was busy with.

The nerves were jumping out of me, showing in the way that I continuously stumbled over my words in every conversation today, how I couldn't get any food down and the countless spins I had twisted my rings in today- making my shaky fingers turn sore.

I felt embarrassed asking Sarah, so I instead nagged a hole in Mitch's head, hoping to get as much information as I could get- which wasn't a lot. But he told me that Sarah had just given her a time to be here and confirmed that she together with Grimmy was on the list to get backstage. I felt even more embarrassed to text Grimmy asking about when they were to arrive if he happened to mention it to Bianca. Ultimately, it was the fact that I knew she would be coming, but not exactly when that kept me feeling this ill pressure in my throat and gribbling excitement running through my veins.

The rest of the band had left me alone over an hour ago to get their outfits ready. In the meanwhile I got my hair styled. Mitch had returned to my dressing room only fifteen minutes later, never being the type of person to like people's hands on his face or in his hair. By the way he definitely was creasing his suit by sitting on his ass with the phone in his hand behind me on the sofa, it was maybe for the best that he didn't do it in front of my stylist- even if he knew how Mitch was.

When my hair was done, Mitch left me to get my clothes on. With shaky hands I began buttoning up my white shirt, but only halfway. Even the adrenaline from knowing that I would get up on stage never had this trembling effect on me. Over my buttoned up white shirt, I put on the pink cropped velvet spencer jacket, embroidered with sparkling details by no other than Alessandro Michele. Thankfully the weight of the heavy jacket pulled my tense shoulders down a bit, making me relax just a tad bit. To it I wore simple black trousers, except from the sparkling golden line following the side of my legs. It was a small, but great detail that combined the trousers with the jacket. This custom Gucci definitely was one of my favourite suits, it was special, and I was glad I had saved it for this specific day.