XXVI

Miglior Giorno

Miglior Giorno

A fine morning for Calista. Mamaya pang tanghali ang unang klase niya pero ngayon pa lamang ay nakaligo na siya at nakabihis, kahit na hindi iyon ang uniporme ng St. Alorzo.

She put on her lip gloss before going downstairs. Her previously smiling lips were replaced by a grin when she saw Ashanti at the dining table. She tucked her hair behind her ears as she walked towards the table.

"Manang, my breakfast, please. Thank you."

Ashanti uninterestedly glanced at Calista while trying to swallow the food. She comfortably sat and turned her head to her. "Masarap ba, sis?"

"No. It became worst when you appeared. A sight of you is a poison for my eyes."

"Oh, sister. I went here to eat peacefully. You seemed to be too insecure for yourself to get angry with me for no reason." Then the maid approached them with Calista's plate.

"Why should I?" Then Ashanti looked at her face and clothes. "You have no taste in fashion."

"Sorry, but this is a designer suit. Criticize me if you're already up in the fashion world."

"Birds of the same feather flock together. Your friend also said that to us before, and she became a laughingstock. Be careful."

Calista secretly bit her lips as she took her utensils. She knew what happened to Victoria and she was not going to lie, her so-called friend surely dug her own grave. For sure the money she bought for that blouse was the money she gave in for a change of the pieces of information.

As if that will happen to me!

"I've lost my appetite," Ashanti said as she put down her utensils and stood up. Calista was relieved when her sister left. Hindi siya makakakain nang maayos kung magkasama sila. She was in good mood at the moment and she needed to maintain it because she was going somewhere after eating.

Her phone vibrated. It was a message from Kalen. Napatigil siya sa pagkain. That's right, this was the day her fiancé and sister would have their time together. A curve on her lips became visible as she dialed a number.

What good timing. I'm in a good mood to ruin your life, Ashanti.

Ashanti then went to Franklin. Pangit na nga ang lasa ng pagkain niya ay lalo pang pumangit dahil kay Calista.

When she was about to go out of her car, a hand reached out to her as if it was giving her help. She sighed and avoided the hand.