Chapter 14

Isabella's POV

My head is pounding and I feel as if I'm on the verge of death. This is awful I can't think I can function. The feeling of a thousand tiny needles stabbing my brain is new to me and for some reason I'm starving. Aren't I supposed to be puking my soul up right now? Isn't that how hangovers work?

I push back the covers and climb out of bed stumbling a little. Slowly, but surely I make my way to the door only to find it locked. What the hell? I start to beat on the door while screaming and with every boom against the wood my screams get louder.

"Hey! Let me out! You can't keep me here!"

As soon as the screaming starts, it ends. The sound of my own voice is kind of annoying right now.

My head hurts, my body hurts, and my stomach isn't steady. All I want to do is eat and I can't even get out of this room.

"Hey! Hey! Let me out of here!" I scream beating on the door for the second time. No answer.

I head towards the bathroom to wash off all the shame of last nights escapades. The shower is a soft warm contrast to the silent harsh atmosphere in this house. I scrub my body continuously but the feeling of regret is skin deep.

I cut the water off and instantly I miss the warmth against my skin, but the cozy plush of my robe is more than enough to make up for the feeling of absence. The fog created by the steam from the shower is starting to fade and the person staring at me in the mirror is someone I don't recognize. This girl isn't the shy college student who had a crush on her professor, that may be who I was but it's definitely not who I am. The girl-, no woman I am now gets dressed and dances drunkenly on table tops. I'm someone knew and I'm not disappointed about it. I smile in the mirror at the new me.

I brush my teeth, smile again, and open the bathroom door. I don't get a chance to close it myself because it gets slammed. The sudden noise made me jump. I don't have time to adjust to anything because I'm thrown against the door. There's a hand wrapped around my throat, and I dare look up to see thats it's Nikolai. The pure raging storm in his eyes makes me crumble into submission and my own eyes dart to the floor.

He's not squeezing my throat so tightly that I can't breathe but he's holding it firmly enough so that I can't move. While looking down I realize that my legs are shaking out of fear.

"Kiska." He calls out using his nickname for me. I want to look up and meet his burning gaze but the ball of fear in the pit of my stomach refuses to let me do so. Without realizing it I gasp and loudly and his grip tightens around my neck.

I can feel myself getting light-headed and I don't know if it's because he's not letting me breathe or if I've just momentarily forgotten how. The rest of his body closes in on mine trapping my body tightly between his and the door. The friction of his body against mine makes me breathe out a shaky breath I hadn't even known I'd been holding.

"You knowingly disobeyed my orders." His breath is hot and heavy against my skin. I keep my head held down not knowing if I should meet his eye.

His free hand grabs a handful of my still damp hair and yanks it back with what I assume is all his strength. The burn in my scalp is brutally intense and tears are forcing their way to the surface. With his hand in my hair it's impossible for me not to look him in the eye.

"You know what's going to happen don't you? I'm going to punish you for your disobedience." He spouts.

With a vice grip on my hair he drags me to the bed and rips my robe off aggressively. He tosses me against the bed and unbuckles his belt before sliding it off.

"I'm going to spank you."

My body is laying across his legs while he sits on the bed. He's caressing my backside with the leather of his belt. Without warning the belt connects with skin causing me to jump. The second and third slaps aren't long after the first. They come in constant waves, one after the other. The tears streaming down my face are proof of the agonizing pain on my backside. I have no doubt that I have bruises in the morning.

My body is no longer stiff, I slump down against his legs broken by the ruthlessness of his punishment.

"Please." I whimper out in a desperate attempt at temporary relief.

"Please what kiska," he asks with cruelty heavy in his tone. "Tell me what you want."

"Please stop," I beg him "I promise I won't disobey you ever again."

"Its too late for that sweetness." He says before bringing the belting down against my ass continuously and before long he's spanking me so many time that I've lost count.

He lifts me up when he's finished and my legs are so weak that I can't stand without his assistance so he lifts me up and lays my face down on the bed. His footsteps are soft clicks against the floor and I hear the door open and close and I can believe he's left me like this. Soon after he returns and I'm relieved because my body is so weak that I cannot move.

There's a cool sensation on my bottom and a flinch a little in surprise. His hands rub and smooth the substance around in a circular motion and I grab hand fulls of the comforter to give me something, anything to hold on to so I'm distracted from the pain.

After he's finished he hand feeds me and gives me pain medication. It takes a bit of maneuvering to get me under the covers, but he does so anyway without much of a challenge.

Given that its still daylight he closes the blinds and curtains before heading out of the room and leaving me to just lie there numbly until I finally feel the exhaust slowly take over my body.

-

HELLO!

Are you a night owl 🦉 or and early bird 🐦?
Why?

Personally I hate the daytime like can we remain in the dark FOREVER.