Part 7

When you got to Croatia it was extremely late and you'd had a total of 6 hours of sleep over the previous 2 days by the time you got in the villa. On the day of your flight you'd called Matty to ask him a quick question but ended up staying on the phone to him for almost 6 hours.

The call started at 2pm telling him to be at your flat for 8pm. Your flight was at 10:30pm and because you now knew the boys very well, you knew that they would make you all late. In preparation for that, you had them all staying in Matty and George's flat and you were all leaving the building at 8pm.

You weren't going to miss this holiday, not after how much they hyped you up for it. You tried at least 20 times to get Matty to end the call, but he refused calling you every name under the sun to make you stay on the phone with him.

You'd really wanted to have a nap before you had to get ready to leave but he kept on chattering down the phone. Every time you were about to end the conversation Matty found another subject that grabbed your attention and you became too invested.

You should have just ended the call, but your conversations were the best and you never got tired of hearing his voice. However, he did keep getting clever with his vocabulary and told him to stop. The big words he pulled from a dictionary were baffling your tired brain.

Every time he ended up using a word you deemed too big you started talking back to him with ungrammatical slang. You sort of hoped that the operant conditioning of it would make him give up and let you sleep but Matty was Matty, you knew he wouldn't.

He kept making jokes about how tired you were, and you'd almost drifted off to sleep when his voice startled you.

"Matty you bastard! I was almost asleep then" You shout, rolling over in bed to face your phone again. You'd put it on speaker so you could try and get to sleep but he was making it difficult for you.

"Well sorry, you're meant to be chatting to me, not sleeping" Matty says and you roll your eyes.

"Sing me to sleep Matty. I deserve it... You woke me up at Seven this morning with your constant messaging" You instruct him.

He'd spammed you with messages this morning because none of the other boys were replying to him. You put it down to him being starved of attention for too long because you'd all taken the last two days off to get your shit in order for the holiday.

You'd instructed Ross and Adam to get to their flat for around 11am to make sure Matty and George would have all their stuff ready to go. If you were completely honest with yourself you only trusted Adam. Ross had been on the phone or non-stop texting your best friend 24/7.

"Alright Honey, what song do you want?" Matty asks.

You think about it for a second until you tell him, "Somebody else"

"No" He immediately replies, and you let out a whine.

"Matty it's my favourite" You continue to whine.

Matty tells you seriously, "I'm not singing that song to you"

"Fine then..." You huff, "Paris or 102" You say and a few seconds later, he starts to play Paris for you on his guitar.

His voice was so relaxing to listen to and you made a conscious to appreciate every second of it. You love the song anyway but you love even more that you were getting your own private acoustic cover of just Matty and his guitar.

By the end of the song, you were in a peaceful state and given the chance you think that you could have easily fallen asleep. That was until Matty says your name and when you don't reply he shouts it.