23.

C H A E Y O U N G

The sky is now dark as it is already nearly midnight. I am sitting down near the seaside, watching the beautiful stars in the sky.

I like how the stars shine so bright at night and with them is the moon. Watching the sky at night makes me calm and be at peace. The sound of the sea waves also makes it better.

"Mind if I sat with you?" I look at the side and saw the CEO of Park Co-Enterprise.

"I don't mind." I said and she then sat beside me.

"You like the calm night?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet, Ms. Park?" I asked.

"I don't know, how about you? Why aren't you sleeping yet, Ms. Katarina?" She asks back.

My mind is too occupied by Mina that I can't even sleep when I am already sleepy.

"I don't know too." I answered and she chuckled.

"Alright then. Feel free to just call me by my name Ms. Katarina." She said.

"Then do the same. No need to call me Katarina, just call me Chaeyoung, Jihyo unnie." I said.

"Chaeyoung is your Korean name?"

"Yup." I shortly answered.

There was a three full minutes silence between us before she speaks again.

"By the way, why Mina isn't with you?" She asked.

"She needed to attend an important meeting tomorrow in exchange of my presence." I said.

"Is that so? She is enjoying being your secretary huh." Jihyo unnie said that made me curious.

"Are you close with her?" I asked.

"You can say that we met a few months before she started to work with you." She answered.

"How did you girls meet?"

I didn't know that Mina is close with the CEO of Park Co-Enterprise.

"We already met back in our childhood because of our families being friends. We met every time our family goes to Japan for a business gathering or something."

"Does Mina's family have any business?"

"You don't know?" She asked and look at me.

"Know what?" I confusedly asked.

"So you don't. I can't tell it to you, it's not my place to tell private information of someone." She said and I became more curious.

What is it about Mina that I don't know?

"If you are friends with Mina, why didn't she just work at your company or maybe help or took over her parents' business?" I asked.

"So, you don't want Mina in your company?" She asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"What? Of course, I love her working with me. I'm just curious." I defended and she laughed.

"I know, Sana told it to me that you love Mina's presence." She said and my eyes grew big.

"You know her too?"

"Of course, just like Mina, I met her in my childhood, also Momo."

Wow, how could they not tell me about this? I will surely ask them once I head back and we gather again on Saturday.

"To answer your question, Mina refused my offer and her parents' offer. I ask her to work at my company as my secretary but she refused."

"Why?"