Chapter 32: Mistakes

Wandering through the clothing racks again was like walking through heaven for Seraphina.

She loved drifting through the various articles of clothing, wondering what would look good on her and what would be interesting to try on.

It was relaxing to finally be doing something normal for once.

Well, as normal as it could get given the circumstances.

This time to the mall however, she wasn't looking at clothes for herself. 

While shopping for herself was easy as she was well aware of her own tastes, she had almost no clue on how to shop for others, all with very, very different ideas on clothing and attire.

It was a bit tricky but she was slowly making progress. And while progress was slow, she was glad that students now had a designated time slot to leave campus.

Granted, she had to bring someone along with her given her current predicament, but she'd rather have Arlo with her than no one at all.

Not only that, she chose him to come with her as she had no idea what could possibly fit the towering blonde.

She knew about the other's sizes as they had written them down, trusting Seraphina's choice in clothing. 

Arlo, however, did not.

Despite the others attempt at convincing Arlo to just give her his sizes, he refused, Seraphina having to compromise and bring him along.

Currently, Arlo was also wandering around, looking at clothes. He wasn't as much of a clothing snob as she was, but he at least had a good eye. 

Seraphina had picked out some simple, but form fitting clothes for the others. She would let them add on later.

So far for Remi, she had gotten her a grey t-shirt and a high-necked sleeveless zip-up vest in light pink with a set of white stripes. She had also taken the liberty of getting her some plain grey pants.

Sera didn't have to worry about shoes since Remi owned a decent pair of calf boots.

She had also stumbled upon some full leather gloves and padded arm sleeves for the pinkette to help better keep her fingers and arms protected from any heat.

For Blyke, she got a red shirt, a long, hooded black jacket that cut off at the shoulders, and finger-less gloves. She had also gotten a pair of dark grey combat pants and he already owned a pair of work boots. 

Isen was a bit more difficult.

His style was very particular. he didn't like overly tight clothing but he also didn't want anything abnormally baggy.

So, she settled upon an orange turtle neck with a black over shirt and a dark brown trench coat. Isen insisted on wearing his pants from school but Remi had convinced him to allow Sera to get him new shoes, his uniform shoes not having enough traction to keep up.

Seraphina had just grabbed a pair of shoes for Isen when Arlo walked over to her, looking slightly uncomfortable.

The magenta haired girl raised an eyebrow. "Arlo? Everything alright there?"

He sighed as he ran a hand over the back of his neck. "I...I might need some help."

She simply stared at him before getting up, brushing her jeans off. "What happened to Mr. 'I can handle this by myself?'"

Arlo huffed. "Look, I'm not exactly used to shopping like this. Can you help me out just this once?"

The girl raised an eyebrow. "Hm...well, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. So sure. Why not?"