Chapter 126

It's so early in the morning that the sun isn't even awake yet. Everyone in the castle is still tucked away in their dormitories, sleeping soundly. Everyone except me, James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, and Lily.

"You're sure the charm will work?" I ask once Lily's handed me a piece of parchment with the words I'm meant to cast.

"I'm positive, Chiara." She tells me confidently, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"We trust you, Evans." James says. "Let's get this started then!"

James throws the invisibility cloak over himself and Lily, the both of them quickly disappearing from view, and Remus and Peter rush off in the direction of the dungeons.

Each of us has a part to play in this prank. James and Lily are meant to set off Dungbombs in the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor common rooms, meanwhile Remus and Peter will do the same to the Slytherin and Hufflepuff ones. Sirius and I are in charge of casting the actual charm itself for the main event of the prank. Lily's even made it so the charm takes a bit of time to take action. The Dungbombs serve only to distract and force the students out of their common rooms.

Though even taking our sweet time, Sirius and I are able to complete our task before anyone else. With that being said, we're the first group to make our way to the previously agreed meeting point.

Sirius leans against the corridor wall with his arms crossed over his chest and his head tipped back, completely relaxed.

"I wonder how James and Lily are getting along together. Do you reckon Lily's ripped his head off yet?" I ask, only half-jokingly.

Sirius flashes me a grin, still resting all his weight against the wall. "Nah, they're probably snogging senseless in some broom cupboard right now."

"Please, they are not." I scoff. "Lily is going to cave and kiss him next school year, Sirius. No earlier than that. She's only just getting past the denial stage. She's not quite there yet."

"Hm." He says, eyeing me in amusement with his tongue in his cheek. "We've got that bet, you remember? Ten whole Galleons are on the line. I still say they do it before the end of this school year."

"Oh, darling, how wrong you are." I crowd into his personal space, putting my hands on his muscular chest. "I can't wait to take your money."

He hums the tune to 'You're the Devil in Disguise' and I giggle. "You joke, but I just might be and you'll never know it until you die and end up in hell."

"Well if you'll be the one ruling, then send me to hell!" He chuckles as I playfully hit his arm.

"So, Sirius," I trace my thumb over his bottom lip.

"So, Chiara," He mocks.

"Talk to me about summer, and what we'll do. We're already there in my mind." I look into his eyes.

He smiles down at me, holding me impossibly closer so every part of me is pressed up against him. "I'm thinking we just sit poolside and relax all summer long. Let's be lazy together."

"God, that sounds perfect," I groan happily at the thought. "I can't wait for the days when the sun is so warm on our skin that it makes us sleepy. And we can take afternoon naps together because of it."