XXXV

╭──── ✩ ────╮
PROPHECY
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

EVER SINCE HOPE FOUND out she could change the color of her hair with her emotions, she had been having mood swings non-stop— just to see her beautiful black locks fade into different colors. It was incredible at first, but now I had just grown tired of the attitude I was receiving from the now two year old girl.

June eighteenth, Hope Lyra Black's birthday.

Due to school, the kids that usually resides in the house; weren't able to attend the small celebration we were having for the little girl— but everyone that could come, did come.

So here we were, all crowded together in the small kitchen— as Hope's hair drastically changed different colors in her excitement for the cake Mrs. Weasley was putting together in the other room.

A giant purple banner was hung up in the dining room— with the words "Happy second birthday baby Hope." Printed on the fabric.

The scenery was beautiful, with party decorations, and my loved ones all gathered around one small table.

"Darling, you're going to hurt yourself with all that color changing." I giggled, flattening out that mess on her head, with my hand— before the door that led to the kitchen; flew open to reveal Molly.

A large cake placed in her hands as she waddled over beside Hope— who was now practically jumping up and down in her seat; in anticipation for her wish.

Everyone around the table was staring at the young girl in awe, watching her giggle— and wait for the treat to be placed in front of her.

Molly quickly set down the cake in front of the little girl, watching as her eyes lit up at the design printed against the white frosting— it was us, all of us; Sirius, Hope and I, all holding hands together. Although it was stick figures, I found it absolutely beautiful.

I lowered myself to my knees, so I was at the same height Hope was, before placing my hand on the small of the young girls back; "go on love, make a wish." I whispered, tucking a strand of her now pink hair behind her ear, before she leaned forward and attempted to blow out the two candles— failing.

Being the good mom I am, I leaned forward a bit to add more wind— only for a small hand to fly over my mouth before I could even attempt to help her, "no mommy! My wish!" Hope giggled, earning a couple snickers from around the room.