014

real life !

real life !

"I can't believe she tucked us in. And at 10pm too." Aspyn spoke up as soon as their mother closed the door behind her. She had come in to bid them goodnight, which led to her scolding them on staying up too late and pushed them into sleeping earlier.

"I can't believe she turned my room into file room!" Karsyn complained in a harsh tone, turning to face Aspyn in the small double bed that they were sharing. Her bed, to be exact.

Aspyn shook her head, humourlessly chuckling. "I can, my room's probably next." She eyed some pieces of art around her room that she liked, making a mental note to bring them back to North Carolina with her.

Karsyn mumbled angrily. The first day back had not been easy for the two. It started off okay— they spent the day with Rhea, who they hadn't seen for a few months now. It was the combination of the awkward dinner conversation and the fact that Karsyn no longer had his room. "Where did she even put my set-up?" He groaned, continuing to complain.

Aspyn shrugged, "maybe the garage— you're lucky if she didn't throw it out yet."

Her brother sighed, and they both knew the weekend would not be an easy one to get through. "Hey," Aspyn wanted to bring her brother's spirits up. "I'm coming to California in three months."

His head perked up and he looked at her sister with evident excitement. "Really? Why?" She had never been to California before, even though her brother originally wanted her to move in with him. He had been pestering her to visit for years.

"TwitchCon," she gave him a smile, noticing his surprised eyes. "I'm meeting some friends there."

Suddenly, Karsyn's lips pulled into a smirk. "Friends? Like GeorgeNotFound?"

Her face immediately flushed. She shot up when she remembered that she forgot to text him back. "Oh shoot!" She leaned over to grab her phone, typing in the password as the dim light of the device reflected onto her face.

"What?"

"I forgot to text him back," she admitted sheepishly as she opened Discord.

thank you! i'm home with my brother now :), she quickly texted back.