2 Weeks Later

This is the first Chapter I'm releasing in a week. Please enjoy! Vote for me and don't forget to check out my p@treon.

Beauxbatons Academy of Magic | 16th September 1985 | 3:47 PM

The past week went similar to the first. In magic theory, they were still covering Charms. Over the past 2 weeks, they understood why wand movements were important to the impact of the spell. They weren't allowed wands, so they simply had sticks to wave. They worked on their wand waving for almost 1 and a half week. They recently started on the next part of their Charms course- Pronunciation.

They also got homework starting from their third class. It was a essay of 200 words on why wand-waving was considered insignificant in the 12th Century. In Etiquette, however, they received no homework.

In etiquette, they had table manners for 3 days, and then they had music for 4. Their music instructor was Julius Masher. He taught the boys the piano, and made the girls take violin. He said that the arrangement was temporary, and that they would shift instruments after they achieved sufficient grasp over the songs they had to learn. For the rest of the days, they had fencing. Charlus and every child was curious as to why fencing was taught when they would have wands in the future.

Fencing was taught by a woman called Millicent Masher. She was their music teacher's older sister. She explained to every student how in the future, fencing would be really helpful for dueling. The bunch of kids were satisfied with the answer. However, all the boys were disappointed when they understood they would only use wooden swords.

As for bonding with friends, Charlus' group met every day, along with Fleur and her friends. They met in the garden after the end of class and lunch, and played games together. Charlus spent a daily amount of 2 hours in the library every day, but he was careful and made sure none of his friends noticed.

Every day, Charlus visited the library somewhere around 8, and at that very time, he saw that no one was in the library other than Old man Rick when he was in it. He brushed it aside multiple times thinking that the Beauxbatons students weren't interested in the library. What he failed to notice was that on every day, a figure was watching him at the library quietly.

Charlus was done with his classes and lunch, and was going towards the library, when suddenly, he felt a bit under the weather. He felt a bit of a headache, and decided to go to the Infirmary. He was looking at his map, and he started to go in the direction of the infirmary. He slowly went towards the infirmary, but after each step he took, his movement became more sluggish.

He was just half way to the infirmary when suddenly, he just couldn't walk. He slumped down in the middle of the road. He was awake, but just. He wanted to cry out loudly in pain, but he was unable to make a single sound. Even few minutes later, no one saw Charlus in the middle of the road. The path to the infirmary was only for those going from the dorm, and since no one was injured, no one went to the infirmary. No one saw poor Charlus in the middle of the road.

No one except one person. The person swooped in after coming across Charlus lying in the middle of the road. But instead of going to the infirmary, the person took Charlus someplace else.

__________

Madame Maxime's Office | 16th September 1985| 4 PM

Sirius barged into Madame Maxime's office and exclaimed, "He isn't anywhere! I looked everywhere his friends said he would be but I couldn't find him!"

Madame Maxime immediately turned to the tracking charms inside the campus that she used to track all the students and teachers. She said, "He is moving very fast. Maybe he is running from something or someone, but he wouldn't be so fast. Wait, he is-"

"No need to worry. He is with me." Dumbledore entered the room with Charlus in one hand and his wand in another. "We must move quickly. Madame Maxime, could you allow me to portkey out?"

Madame Maxime nodded and pointed her wand to Dumbledore. "Facio."

Sirius, Dumbledore and Charlus immediately disappeared from the Beauxbatons Headmaster's Office.

The deserted place in the middle of nowhere | 16th September 1985 | 4 PM

The three appeared in the secluded place that had the runic array. There was already a person there. The person had hidden their identity by wearing a cloak and mask. The person raised their wand and levitated Charlus from Dumbledore's hands and towards the center of the array. Charlus was slowly levitated onto a stone pedestal, which was at the dead center of the array.

When Charlus touched the stone pedestal, the entire array of runes lit up. The array itself was very complicated, but after lighting up, it could be observed that the light on the stone rune lines had a pattern that was very similar to the patterns if gold in Charlus' blood.

Sirius, Dumbledore, and the mysterious person simply watched on as time passed, while Charlus went through pain while slowly transforming.

"Why did this happen today? You said that the transformation would happen tomorrow."

Dumbledore didn't say anything, but the mysterious person did.

"The transformation of the boy's blood catalyzed 24 hours before the actual transformation. In this time, 40% will become 50%, causing him great pain." The person's voice was distorted to help hide his identity.

Sirius didn't completely understand what the mysterious person said, but he understood part of it.

"What will happen to Charlus now?"

The person thought for a while and said, "He will cocoon like a caterpillar, and emerge as a butterfly."