Prologue

532 words, edited ☑️

~~~~~~~

Stephen was walking to the tower, on a clear sunny day. He would usually take a portal, but today was one of those days where you just wanted to do something different.

When walking past a dark alleyway he
Hears a baby crying along with a woman and a man. He walks in, his vision adapting to the shadows. He sees a man holding a gun up to a woman, with a child in her hands!

Before he could react the man shot the woman and was about to aim for the child, but Stephan summoned an object hovering over the man, who he saw wearing a black coat that went down to his ankles, and a black turtleneck with black pants and shoes.

He drops it, knocking the man out. The woman was leaning against the wall behind her, holding the child tightly, with every strength she had left. Stephan went to her and tried to help her up but she kept resisting, "please, just take my son, please, I know how the child services can get"

Stephen kept denying the offer, saying he only
Just met her, but in the end nods, he kept telling her she is going to be ok, but  her the light from her left. "Mam, MAM!" He grabbed the child and started calling the police. Once the police came, the man had already escaped. Got up while Strange was talking to the lady and made a run for it. Strange told the police all he knew. They thanked him and went on their way, with the child with them.

"Wait!" The police officer looked at him, confused "yes sir?" Stephen was hesitant but he promised to keep the young one safe, "may I keep the child, it was the mothers last wish." She puts a hand up signaling, wait, for the others then talks in a Walky talky, far from him. He sees the child look at him, with eyes that were tired and confused.

The lady comes over "ok, I have made some adjustments, you may come to court this Sunday, that's in two days, I will see you there" she walks away with the child In hand, him crying out, for his mama. Stephen felt his heart sink, even though he had just met the little baby.

(Two days passed)

It was court day. He could have gone for a great layer, but he had a spy and agent for a friend. Romanoff, plus he though she was good
With kids. So he asked if he could accompany him if he needed help.

Stephen had won the trial, the officer that was there that day handed him to Stephen. He was giggling and smiling, with big (e/c) eyes, and his smooth baby skin, a healthy baby. Stephen felt a smile form on his face once again, from seeing the joy radiant from him, "thank you, Natasha" she puts a hand on his shoulder and nods. "What are you going to name him?" She asked

Stephen thought about it, and stuck with, "hello, Y/n, it's a pleasure to be with you" Y/n grabs his face with both of his tubby hands, giggling. Stephen knew, this was the best decision of his life. Little miracle child of his.