four

i recommend listening to maze in the mirror while reading this chapter <

Jungwon shifted as he stood outside the cafeteria, annoyed. "This is stupid, just go back to the rooftop." He said to himself, getting ready to leave when a hand grabbed ahold of his wrist.

He turned around, glaring. "Seoy-"

It wasn't Seoyoon. Instead, It was another girl. She was an eye-catcher, of course. Her slim and sharp features made her intimidatingly pretty.

Jungwon frowned at her. The '???' gaze cast over his features, but with a hint of more irritance.

"I've never seen you here before, hey." She winked, staring at the boy.

"Ooh, that's because he's from the East wing! Meet my friend here, Jiye." Seoyoon ran up to the two, halting in front of Jungwon.

"Seoyoon. Why didn't you tell me about him earlier? I didn't know you had friends this good-looking." She said, accusingly.

"Maybe it's because we were too busy hanging out which each other and having a great time, I failed to notice you. If you'll excuse us." Jungwon cut in, grabbing Seoyoon's wrist and walking past the girl.

"Why is everyone from the stupid west division so annoying?" He asked, keeping his head low and not wanting to attract any attention.

"Now do you see with what I have to deal every day?" The girl asked once the two arrived towards the glass tunnel that connected the west and east division together, the early sunlight pouring in through the material.

"You're included in the West division."

"I thought we were friends?!" The girl rolled her eyes. "Sit down, we should eat."

Seoyoon sat down and leaned against a side, taking out a lunchbox from her backpack. Jungwon stared down at her, frowning.

"Why are you so frowny? Sit beside me." She said, grabbing his hand pulling him down.

The boy and girl sat peacefully next to each other, the petty boy rolling his eyes and looking in the other way as the girl slurped her noodles, the sun filtering behind the two.

"So, tell me. Do demons even eat?" Seoyoon said, a mouth full of food.

"Ew, chew before you speak." He scorned. "Of course we do. To keep up powers, you know. I just can't eat full demon food. It'll kill me. I can tolerate hellshires."

"Hellshires? Those sound cool. What are they like?" The girl said, eyes big in interest with the boy's demon life.

"They're like what you dumb humans call abalones. They're like those and in a shell and everything, but with high instances of radiation and they're meatier, I guess."

"Ooh, interesting. I'd try."

"You know why I said 'dumb humans' in that sentence? I was referring to you." Jungwon said.

Seoyoon rolled her eyes. "What's FULL demon food then, mister demiboy?"

"Voirflames. It's a type of jelly-like substance protected by a stiffer shell and compartments hold premature Fukai eggs. They're roasted in pure fire and are only consumable burnt."

Seoyoon positioned herself to sit in front of the boy. "You really have it cool, huh?"

"Premature Fukai eggs, hm. People could've probably eaten the one that possessed Misa before it was even born!" Seoyoon giggled.

Jungwon cracked a small smile, scoffing at the girl's antics.

The female student dropped her chopsticks and removed a hair tie from her wrist, tying her hair up in a ponytail as she got cozier with Jungwon.

"This is fun. you know, just eating here." She grinned.

The boy pffted. "Whatever."

"So, do you want to tell me more about this demon business?"

"I've already gotten you into enough shit already with Lijin."

"Lijin isn't here, silly." She laughed. "Sh, it'll be a secret."

The boy sighed, leaning closer to the glass as he mumbled out how his life was like being a demiboy as Seoyoon listened, interested.

"I almost set my ninth birthday cake on flames while lighting the candles with my fingertips."

Jungwon said, chuckling.

The girl looked up at him, seeing him laugh in the tiniest bit was a wonder.

"You should laugh more. I like your dimples." She said, reaching a hand out to poke them.

Jungwon instantly frowned, turning his head away to the side. "Shut up."

The girl giggled, ultimately pinching his cheeks softly in the end as he grumbled.

"You're not that scary, Jungwon."

"Really? Darn it. Should I make my eyes go all gold again?" He asked.

"Oh gosh, no. I almost had a heart attack. I think I've got a phobia of rooftops AND golden eyes now. Oh, and Fukais." Seoyoon added on.

"Man, you gave me a lot of phobias." She looked up at him accusingly, holding back a smile.

"Can I give you a demon phobia? I'm pretty threatening. It'll help me get rid of you." The boy said. "Yah! Jungwon." She pushed him playfully.

Jungwon rolled his eyes. "It was worth a shot."

The two sat there in the basking rays for the entire lunchbreak, Seoyoon chatting away to the cold boy. I guess you could say it was the start to a beautiful friendship.