7.12

3 days after the birth

"Mark, we promised." Helena started, staring up at her ceiling, laying on her bed.

"I know we did." Mark told her, his voice a bit whiny. "Doesn't mean I like it."

"Studies have shown it's not good for her!" Helena argued. "Besides, the crib is right here, she's sleeping in our room for a while, still."

Helena and Mark had been home with Alice for two nights, and they had slept with the baby in the middle of them, too in love to put her in her crib.

"You do it, then." The girl's husband pouted.

"Fine!" The brunette agreed.

Turning to her side, Helena found the little sleeping form nuzzled up against her, her husband smiling down at her. Narrowing her eyes, the girl let out a sigh.

"You don't want to either, do you?" Mark teased.

"I'm her food source, get your booty up and you put her in the crib, it's only fair." Helena pouted herself, crossing her arms as she looked at the ceiling once more.

——

5 days after the birth

"So now Teddy's refusing to teach me." Cristina is venting to Helena and Meredith, at the younger girl's house. The two brunettes sat on the couch as the blond was up, the baby in her arms.

"That sucks." Helena let out. "Have you tried to apologize, though?"

"I'm not apologizing for saving Callie's life!" The woman scoffed.

"I want to steal her. As in, actually kidnap her. She's so adorable." Meredith let out, swaying with the weeks old baby in her arms in the living room.

"Then I'd have to murder you." The foreign doctor let out, narrowing her eyes at her friend. "But she is the most perfect little girl ever. Even when she's crying at the top of her lungs and not letting us sleep."

"Oh, please, Fetus Genius is a newborn. They all look the same: like featherless, beakless chicken." The curly haired woman scoffed, making Helena smack the back of her head.

——

1 week after the birth

Helena walked through the halls of the hospital, Alice on a baby warp around her chest. She'd brought her in for a checkup and the doctor was now waiting for Mark to finish his last consult, before heading home.

Walking past a room, she noticed Arizona looking at a few scans, entering with a knock. "Hi, there."

"Oh, hi, Lena! Come in." The blond invited, the shorter girl making her way into the room.