Nine - Nobody's Left Behind

Jungkook didn't like it. They were driving further and further away from the city and he had a very bad feeling about it.

Out here there was nowhere to hide and if they ran out of fuel, well, then they were thoroughly fucked.

On top of that was coward-ass blatantly flirting with little sleepyhead next Jungkook, who was either too nice or too tired to say anything.

The man's fingers tightened around the steering wheel, memory of the two others running out of the house without a second thought awakening unpleasant urges he had wished to leave behind.

It wasn't really about the 'leaving the team behind'. Jungkook's never been a team player himself. He hardly cared about others.

His problem was more about them leaving Y/N behind specifically, who believed in their good parts so deeply, gave them this chance so amazing and yet they were willing to fuck shit up like that. They were ungrateful towards her and Jungkook's hands were itching to do something against it.

"Go sleep a lil'." He interrupted fuckface's flirting behind him, words directed at his companion who nodded silently, probably glad that she got a chance to blend Fucking-Yoongi out.

"There should be a store at the side of the road in about ten minutes." Moonbyul commented monotonously, map in her hands rustling while she folded it back together.

Jungkook hummed, picking up the speed. He was damn hungry and Y/N's godless spicy ramen was the only thing left - and, dear god, no one wanted to eat those.

To his dismay did Moonbyul insist on waking Y/N up, saying some shit about how "we need as many helping hands as possible" as if they've been of much help to her last night. As if Y/N owed them anything.

But the girl had just nodded with a tired smile and hopped out of the car, as if it was fucking going without saying that she'd help.

His grip on the scythe tightened, but he didn't say anything, willing himself into patience - something he's never been particularly good at.

"Jungkook," Y/N tapped his shoulder while trotting past him towards the store, "-you stay here to make sure that no prowlers are coming in, 'kay?"

The man nodded, preparing himself for a boring thirty minutes to come. Maybe he should go inside to make sure Y/N wouldn't find yet another pack of these atrocities she calls ramen.

Both hands firmly grasping around the hilt, Jungkook rested his whole weight on the scythe, the end of the metal rod digging into the ground. His eyes wandered over the landscape in front of him, small, sub-urban village still pretty decently intact. There were probably some prowlers, uh, prowling around somewhere between those backyards that used to be so well-kept and neat. Today they were overgrown with plants and dusty.

A thundering crash coming from inside the store made his ears perk up, mild confusion written over his face when he tilted his head backwards.

A prowler?

One gunshot hollered through the air and Jungkook was certain that, yes, there was a prowler somewhere in there.

But he had made sure that none entered, hadn't he?

Jungkook was about to inside to check wether everything was alright, the clattering and shouting telling him that Yoongi didn't manage to take the creature down, but just as he reached out for the doorknob, Moonbyul stormed outside.

"Run!" She pulled him by his shoulders frantically, raw fear embedded in her eyes, "Fuck, hurry!"

Jungkook shook her off roughly, frowning at the opened door, "Why? What happened?"