Chapter 20-football

C H A P T E R  2 0

F O O T B A L L

"The biggest lies are the ones that you tell yourself"

Song- Ghosting; mother mother

Marlee

Wednesday school was cancelled due to a teacher work day or whatever. Theo, Cameron(who I haven't talked to since Monday), Grayson and Connor were all dragged to the school to help Sara paint her room.

She tried to talk me into helping too but I offered to watch Ella instead. She was going to just bring Ella to the school but with the help of Dave, we talked her out of it. I don't think I could stand a whole day with Cameron.

I've been doing pretty good at ignoring him. When we're around each other at school or for dinner I just don't talk to him or even act like he exist. Everyone finds it weird seeing as when we usually fight, we bicker with each other the whole time.

Now it's radio silence.

He doesn't look at me, not guilty look, no glare, no nothing.

But I'm not going to spend my entire life waiting for him to grow a pair and apologize.

So like I said, no school. This meant sleeping in.

At least that was my plan.

Sara dropped off Ella who was sleeping in her portable crib they keep here currently. I was peacefully snoozing when the horrid sound of a phone call woke me up. Unburying my head from my pillow my hand slams onto my dresser trying to stop my phone before it wakes up Ella.

Answering I'm met with the smiling face of Miles, way to chipper for 10am.

"Good morning my beautiful best friend!" He said joyfully earning a groan from me.

"No excitement until after 12" I mumble, shoving my head back into the pillow.

"No can do, get up. I'll be over in an hour." He informs me, matter-of -factly.

"Why?" I ask while trying to force my eyes to stay open.

"Can't a guy wanna hang out with his favorite person?" He wiggles his brows over the phone.

"Ellas here" I tell him hoping it'll change his mind but instead he looks even more happy.

"Now I can hang out with both of my favorite people" he tells me quickly before telling me to "kindly drag my ass out of bed and get dressed so I don't look homeless"