Chapter 27

You felt the box on your back shift as you stopped in your tracks. You placed down the box and watched Douma crawl out of it. He gave you a closed eye smile as you patted his head in return.

"Let's stop the demon that's controlling the slayers. The demon's not far from here." you exclaimed. "Alrighty~" Douma replied as the two of you went to find the demon.

"(Y/N)-chan." Douma called, making you look at him. "I sense a demon up ahead. Can I kill it?" Douma asked. "Um, sure." you replied. Douma took out and readied his fans.

Douma saw the demon and appeared above it, aiming for its head. "Ice Breathing. First form: Ice S--- Eh?" Douma cut himself off when he saw the demon has no head. The demon blocked Douma's attack with its blades for hands.

Douma jumped back as you stood beside him with your blade in hand. "It.... doesn't have a head." you exclaimed in shock. The demon swung down its arm towards you and Douma. The both of you were able to dodge it and moved back. "Wahh! It doesn't have a head? What are we gonna do, (Y/N)-chan?" Douma exclaimed, waving his arms around in panic.

You noticed the threads attached to the demon's body. 'So it's being manipulated as well.' you thought.  "Calm down, Douma-kun. Let's try slicing from the base of its neck on the right side to its left waist. Maybe that could bring it down but we have to avoid its attacks." you said as the demon appeared in front of you.

'It's fast!' you thought as you avoided the attacks. You were covered in cuts and dirt from the attack. Some parts of your haori were torn, again. You saw the tiny spiders wrapping itselves on your body. 'Shoot! I forgot about the spiders!' you thought as you were now stuck in place. The threads on your body stopped your movements. You saw the demon about to pierce you with its blade.

"Blood Demon Arts: Crystalline Divine Child."

You saw a mini ice figure that looks like Douma block and parry the demon's attack, making it move back. You felt the threads on you snapped and found yourself in Douma's arms. "Douma-kun?" you muttered out as you looked at him then at the ice figure. Douma held your cheek in his hand as he healed you. You felt the cuts on your body disappear.

"I somehow managed to unleash another blood demon art. It's somehow able to fight like me, it's like a replica." Douma informed as you watched the ice replica attack the demon.

"You okay, (Y/N)-chan?" Douma asked as he helped you stand up. "Yeah. Let's finish him off." you replied as you watched the demon kick the replica away from him. The replica turned into crystals as it began to disappear. The demon turned its attention towards you as it raised its weapons and got ready.

You and Douma got into a stance and prepared your weapons. You dashed behind the demon and sliced off its arms. "Now, Douma-kun!" you yelled. "First form: Ice Slash!" Douma exclaimed as he dashed towards the demon and sliced it from the base of the neck towards the waist. The demon fell on its knees as it began to turn into ashes.

'He did it!' you thought happily. "(Y/N)-chan! The demon is not far from here. I'll give you a boost!" Douma exclaimed as he jumped on a tree branch and held out his hand. You nodded and dashed towards Douma and jumped. You reached out towards him as he held your hand in both of his. "Upsy-daisy!" Douma exclaimed as he pulled you up and let go, making you fly high above the trees.

You saw the red ribbon appear again as you followed where it lead. You saw the demon who was controlling the others sat upon a rock. You prepared your blade as you made your way to the demon. 'Ice Breathing. First form.' you thought as you saw the demon look at you in fear.