Ch 210: Bullets

Lin Ye finally arrives at Jessica's room. He knocked on the door twice.

It has been several months since he came here last time. To be honest, he and Jessica are not very close to each other since they only see each other occasionally.

However, Lin Ye would always take the initiative to greet her every time he sees her, but she always looks like she was on the verge of tears, as if someone had bullied her which made Lin Ye feel a little awkward.

She was so wealthy and had so much power but she looked like a weak little girl.

'The difference in personality between Lungmen's rich cat girl with the one at Rhodes Island is like Heaven and Earth.'

Lin thought to himself that if he had that sort of money, he would dress as an emperor everywhere he went and would be wary of little girls who shed crocodile tears.

While he was thinking, the door slowly opened and Jessica appeared in her pajamas. She looked at Lin Ye with surprise. "Doctor Lin?"

"Yeah, it's me, I have a request...Is it not convenient right now?" Lin Ye noticed that Jessica's hair is messy and she looked like she had just woken up from the bed.

Was she on her break?

"U-Umm, it's not inconvenient at all." Jessica takes a step back,

"I-If there is something important, p-please come in..." Lin Ye doesn't know whether or not his issue was important. But since Jessica has already invited him in. That means that she doesn't mind him being here. So he thanked her and walked into the room.

"I-I didn't expect anyone to come to visit at this time, except for instructor Doberman." Jessica says, "I only returned to Rhodes Island last night. So instructor Doberman gave me a day off and let me rest."

"Did you just finish a mission?"

Jessica hummed in affirmation.

Lin Ye stops walking and scratches his head: "In that case. Doesn't mean I'm disturbing you?"

Jessica shakes her head "N-nothing like that, I should get up anyway. I-I had already slept enough."

Jessica walks to the window and opens the curtains. The room that was originally dim instantly became brighter.

"P-Please sit down, Doctor Lin." Jessica said, "I-I'll get you some snacks."

"No, no, no." Lin Ye shakes his head repeatedly, "I'm not here for a snack plus I don't want to trouble you."

"I-It's okay, it's not really troubling me." Jessica said, "A-And anyways, I bought too much and can't finish it myself."

He couldn't help but smile at that.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Ten minutes later.

Lin Ye, who had already eaten two milk biscuits, explains to Jessica his reason for coming here today.

"D-Do you want bullets again?" Jessica is a little surprised, "But I don't have bullets of your caliber anymore. I gave it all to you."

"Uh, what I need this time is another type."

Before going out, Lin Ye brought a single bullet with him, which he handed over to Jessica.

"That's the one I need, and I don't need you to give it to me. I just wanted to ask if you have ones like these for me to buy."

Jessica takes the bullet, and carefully observed it "A d-different caliber? D-Dr. Lin, you got a new gun?"

"Yup."