1: Alana

Alana
Zoie-Camille Smith

Today's the day Sincere gets out of jail.
I don't know how to feel, I haven't spoken to him in over a year. I don't plan on seeing him, but knowing Sin, he's gonna come looking for me.
Probably gonna get on my ass for not replying to the abundance of letters he sent me while he was away. Even though I never replied, I did read them all. From his personal requests, to his impulsive threats, I took them all into account. I did make sure to check on his mother, Sara. She was placed into mental care after being diagnosed with personality disorder and schizophrenia. From what I've seen after a couple of visits, it's hard to decide whether she's deteriorating or getting better, for each time I see her, she's a new person due to her personality disorder and perception of false reality.
Besides that, anything that was sent from Sin, I sent it back to wherever it fucking came from, which was to Slim's own arms. I don't need his illegitimate money, neither does my mom or Anthony. He thinks a couple of racks will make me forget how he got himself behind bars in the first place. He sends Slim, his cousin, to check up on me; even had some of his boys from the idiot gang he continues to associate himself with, to spy on me and report back to him.
He had some nerve to send Slim to my apartment to involve in a physical altercation with my boyfriend Rio. And when rumours commenced and made its way back to him, he had the audacity to accuse me of being pregnant with Yakki's baby, a nigga he got long time beef with.
I ain't gone sit here and say his accusation didn't hurt my feelings, cause they didn't, it was the letters that followed days later, of him calling me a bitch, a whore, every name in the book. You'd think when you'd known someone since you were fifteen, they'd have a level of respect for you, but that's Sin, the fucking unpredictable.

It's been a year and some change, and I moved on with life. That does not include space for Sincere or Slim. They can rot in hell for all I care, I want nothing to do with them.

*doorbell*

I looked to the door furrowing my eyebrows, the thought of Sin already got me in a bad mood, I jetted to the door, yanking it open only to see him.

"What's good mama"