prologue

"Very good, my little Lotus."

You stiffened slightly as you heard his praise, feeling your face suddenly start to burn slightly, telling you that a deep blush had made itself known on your cheeks.

You were so used to hearing him sound indifferent. Even on his best days, he always sounded quite tired and maybe a bit disinterested.

So hearing him sound so light and relaxed caught you off guard.

Wonder what's gotten into him?

You, however kept your head bowed and your eyes shut, not daring to question your Diamond's behavior. Instead, you simply muttered a brief "Thank you, my diamond" with a light smile and swish of your tail.

You hear him hum curtly, which caused a jolt of unease. Did I do something wrong?

"You can look up at me now, fishtail."

Almost instantly after he demanded this, you slowly lift your head to look at him, praying he wouldn't see the pinkish-red staining your cheeks.

However, from the smug little smirk that grew on his face, the blush must have been darker than you anticipated.

He chuckled to himself, sitting back against his throne, crossing one leg over the other, looking you up and down with his sharp diamond eyes. "...You know... you're probably the only other benefit to my mother's rebellion." He mused, snickering quietly to himself as he watched you fidget slightly, trying to somehow stop yourself from blushing too hard. "...yeah. It's a good thing I got to you first. Something as precious as you should be mine, and MINE alone." His voice growled suddenly.

...P-precious...?

He must have realized you heard him, because he suddenly cleared his throat, turning his head away from you. "Now then... go on." he makes a motion with his hand, shifting slightly to get himself more comfortable.

"Sing for me."