XX. Adonis

♡ ♡ ♡Is it an 'I-I need you' corrupted with lies upon lies?♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡
Is it an 'I-I need you' corrupted with lies upon lies?
♡ ♡ ♡

Last time on Dionysus:

"It's fine, isn't it? I mean, 'cause you're weak." Gojou laughed a bit as Mount Fuji-san's temper exploded and heat distorted the air around him.

Hanzō could only think of one thing at the moment, why was that actually hot?

Jogou's ears and volcano head blew up and spewed heat and fire everywhere.

"He should seek help from therapy for those anger issues," Hanzō muttered under his breath but the curse and people around him were bound to hear.

"Don't underestimate me you scoundrel!" Jogou's one eye was now the size of a small melon and Hanzō couldn't help but become hungry. "I'm gonna make you swallow that prideful smirk of yours!"

Yuuji shuddered and it didn't escape Hanzō's sharp eyes. This guy is weak...?

Hanzō was next to Yuuji before Gojou could put his hand on his head. He awkwardly hovered his body near Yuuji's, hesitantly patting his hand on Yuuji's bicep.

Yuuji settled at the grounding weight of two different hands on him. He gave a shaky smile.

Ah, I'm always relying on my big brother—like a kid.

"It's okay. Don't leave my side, okay?"

"It will be fine," Hanzō clumsily reassures, his movements of comfort graceless and jerky.

But, selfishly, I'd like to be like this a little longer.

"Domain expansion: iron coffin mountain!" The curse formed its hands into an arched house-like shape.

Mountainous rock built from the ground and hot magma spouted out from the ground and new walls around them.

"Wha...!" Yuuji exclaimed, the sudden change in scenery confusing and startling him. "What is this?!"

"This is a domain expansion. Curse energy is used to construct an innate domain with technique that spans the entire area." Gojou stood as casually as ever, hands in his pockets. But also placing an almost unnoticeable attentiveness to his young students.

"What you guys experienced at the reform school was an incomplete domain that hadn't been granted technique. If it were a proper domain you first-years would all have died. I wonder if Megumi knew that..."

"It takes a crazy amount of curse energy to expand a domain, but it has its advantages."

Yuuji practically steamed at the information flooding his brain and Hanzō focused on absorbing it. The words 'domain expansion' were so familiar to his mind but not his tongue or ears. Even the volcano they were 'trapped' in seemed like a memory from so long ago.

"One advantage is a status boost due to environmental factors. It's like. Buff in a video game."

"Another one," Gojou started.

Hanzō crouched down while pinching a cigarette between his pointer and thumb. He held the tip to a burning ember until it smoked.

Hoping that it would help him remember.

Holding the now lit cigarette to his lips he let the smoke be inhaled and mildly observed the happenings around him.

Gojou barely flicked away an incoming jagged rock with barely a flick. The dark rock (cooled molten rock) crumbled into a million tiny pieces and Jogou scowled.

"Tch." An average shaman would have burned up the second they entered my domain.

Gojou flexed his arm like he had just strained it and was in dire need of help. "The technique that has been granted in the domain will hit your opponent for sure."

"For sure?"

"For suuure." Gojou stretched out and made the mood more pleasant.

Catching the scent of something distinct burning. He turned around and couldn't see Hanzō anywhere. That was until he saw—and smelled—wispy dancing of smoke that trailed from the ground.

Becoming face to face with the 'wayward teen' Hanzō, he couldn't hide the traces of disbelief and exasperation in his voice. "Are—are you smoking?"

Hanzō looked up 'till his neck hurt from his still crouched position and blew out a puff, trying to make it cloud Gojou's face.

It was an unsuccessful attempt though, and Yuuji gave him the 'I'm disappointed in you' stare that was so much worse than the 'I'm very angry' glare. It included the staple furrowed eyebrows and watery dog eyes that he could never resist.

But Yuuji made no movements and Gojou tried to wave off the very very awkward family dynamics.

Yuuji did agree that this wasn't the time or place and did his best to make peace with what Hanzō—willingly—needed to do. It was just smoking anyways. He could accept it.

"Continuing onwards," Gojou abruptly broke the family drama to go forward with his explanation. "There are ways that you can counteract a domain. Either take the blow with sorcery or, though I don't recommend this, escape outside the domain, usually this is impossible."

"Or." Hanzō couldn't believe the curse had docilely stayed in one place without attacking yet. Maybe it knew it was fucked and was trying to figure out a way to escape the powerhouse that is Gojou Satoru.

"If I neutralize your 'infinity' in a denser domain my sorcery will hit you too, right?"

Or not, Hanzō thought dryly.

"Yeah," Gojou smiled haughtily. "It'll hit."

Infinity? It must be Gojou's ability. Fitting for a man that seems himself so above the mortal world...

And Hanzō couldn't claim that he wasn't.

Hi.

I'm frustrated.

How many chapters is it gonna take for me to finish this scene?!

Stay frosty or whateva, ciao~

Word Count 835